Chapter 17

The days turned to weeks and I have felt better. Working for the entire day until late evening had been my coping mechanism. It sparked my family concern that I was working too much. But I only wanted to do well for the pack. We also need to plan out what happens to us next. Both Kyro and I are alphas, and I don't want neither of us to let go of our titles. Both of us were born to lead. Leading a pack is a passion we both share, taking it away from us would be hard on our part.

It would be possible for us to keep our pack, by merging. A way of having two packs become one, creating a bigger and stronger pack. Though it rarely happens, it is possible if approved by the council.

"We should meet the council then." Kyro answered. "After a fun stay at your pack." I reminded, putting my bags inside the car. We'll be on our way to the airport and go to Kyro's pack. He's been away for long and is missed by his family. I wanted to meet them so I came with him. Dad took us to the airport while we said our goodbyes to mom and my brother back home. Originally, it was supposed to be Connor that wanted to take us to the airport however, dad insisted and we ended letting him do what he wants. He is still as protective as ever I guess. "When will you be back? Are you sire you brought everything? Did you bring enough emergency medicines?" He asks again that I lost count how many times it was. "We haven't even gotten on the plane and you're already asking when we'll be back. I said it was indefinite, depending on how things turn out." I raised my eyebrows at dad's reflection on the mirror, making Kyro smile slightly. "Dad just wants to make sure everything is perfect for you love. Don't worry, I'll keep her safe and happy while she's away." Kyro, who was sitting on the front, earned a pat in the back from my dad. "Good answer son, make sure she gets all leisure she deserves."

We said arrived at the airport shortly and when the car stopped, both doors from each side opened almost at the same time. Kyro opened the one on the right while dad opened the one on the left. It was dad's role before, but my mate can do it for me now. That must be why he seemed a little sad these few days. "Sorry, I keep on forgetting that you have someone to do that now. I always forget that you're no longer a child." He closed the door as I stood beside Kyro. "Dad, you sound as if I'm going to leave for a long time. You're as dramatic as ever. I'm still your so called princess, so you can open all the doors for me as many times you want when we get back." I hugged him tightly just like I used to when I was younger. "don't nag mom about your questions again, I'll contact everyone whenever I can. I love you, bye" Kyro hugged him before the two of us went inside with our luggages.

"Regarding the merging, won't it take a long process for applying to merge? Not to mention the process of building new structures for the half or even the entirety of the merged pack. My love, I can step down and live with you if you want. My brother can take over." Kyro said as we sat on the plane. "It's not like you to say that. You don't like leaving your obligations just for your benefit, and here you are suggesting that." I scoffed. "But I will do anything for you." He plainly replied. "You mean to say that you, a man who everyone thinks is the most suited among your siblings to be alpha, which you are, are willing to step down and leave and let your brother, a person who thinks he's the least capable to lead, which I'm not saying he is, take over? Love, you're better than that." I frowned at him. "still, I don't want that to happen. Since I was born an alpha and grew up a lycan, my dad and I knew that I'd naturally get a strong alpha as my mate -which was confusing when I only got an alpha and not a strong one at first- so he helped me learn everything I must. That included the merging and how it should be processed. I prepared every paperwork years ago, all we need to do is for you to sign it and show it to the council for approval. Even the land that we'd be moving to when we merge was prepared, but I didn't think I'd be mated to you whose pack is as big as mine so it would be cramped if we use that land."

"You prepared everything without me? And you picked a land too." His eyes looked at me in sadness. Guiltily, I avoided his gaze as I reply. "I know and I feel bad now. That's why we'll be looking for a space to fit our two packs together." I leaned my head on his shoulders.