six

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽ crescendo ☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The days passed with excruciating slowness for Lorna on the surface of the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. She couldn't wait to step off the ship full of Narnians. A week has passed since the small team of Outcasts joined the members of the Narnian crew.

Lorna was sitting in her room, sharpening one of her knives while sitting on the floor when someone pushed open the already open door. She shared the room with three others, Aiysha, a girl named Eulalie, and, despite her great protests, Melisandre. Lorna stopped sharpening the knife and looked curiously at her brother, who didn't notice the girl sitting in the corner, as she was almost consumed by the shadows dancing in the room. She watched as he smuggled something out of one of her medical bags and sunk it into a bag hanging over his shoulder.

"What's in that bag?"

Alex shuddered at the hoarse voice, but didn't even glance at her as he buttoned up the bag and turned toward the door. "Medicine."

"Then it should be with the rest of the healing supplies," Lorna said, pointing at the bags next to her hammock.

"This is for me," he protested, pulling the bag slightly closer to his body.

Lorna raised a suspicious eyebrow. She lived with the Outcasts for a while by then and she had gained no information about some type of illness her brother would have had."For what?"

"Allergies," Alex replied, and with a barely noticeable gulp, he tightened the grip around the strap of the bag. "I ran out, I needed more, I misplaced them, somehow they were in your bag. Apologies for the inconvenience, your royal graciousness," he added with an eye roll and rushed out of the room, leaving the confused girl who had no knowledge about any allergies he had.

For most of the voyage, Lorna acted just like the Reaper. She searched for a high point, which was the main mast at that moment, and spent most of the day there. She found the height peaceful, not many members dared to climb to the highest point of the ship, but several chose not to go near not because of the unstable situation, but because of the chilling, hostile eyes of the girl chasing them among the rest of the ship.

The eagle-eyed girl watched from afar as King Caspian, along with Drinian, Aiysha, and Edmund, watched an approaching island through a telescope. She sharpened her gaze, and with her eyes glued to their mouths, she began reading what they said.

"It looks uninhabited," Caspian stated after taking another look at the island. "But if the lords followed the mist east, they would have stopped here."

"Could be a trap," Drinian suggested.

"Or it could hold some answers," Edmund said with a shrug and turned to the King. "Caspian?"

"We'll spend the night on shore. Scour the island in the morning," he said.

"Aye, your Majesty," Drinian nodded.