prologue

✧゚・:* prologue *:・゚✧

Life is like water.

Both can be long, short, dark or light. There are waves that represent the ups and downs of our lives. We can't change the height of the waves. We can't change how frequently they appear. We can't change the water. However, that doesn't mean we aren't in control of our lives. We all have moments where we wish the world could stop so we can enjoy those moments for longer. We also have moments where we want to cease into air and disappear. 

At some point, we're all broken. We make mistakes, big or small, but they make us who we are. Because we're humans. None of us are perfect. We all have things in our past we wish we could erase. We can get over them, but we shouldn't forget where we came from, because the journey to our best selves is very important.

You may wonder why I decided to write all of this down on a piece of paper and give it to you. I did it because I know you are haunted by your past and feel like an outcast. You told me I gave you the chance to start over. That's not true. It was you who gave yourself the chance. You were the one who stepped out of the cell, leaving your past behind. You followed me, the Narnians into a battle against your own kind. This proves that you are the one deciding your own fate. You are the one who has the pen to write your own story. 

Never forget that.

You are a strong, determined, amazing person and can do anything if you believe in yourself. Even if I'm not there with you, I will always believe in you and believe that you can be the person you want to be. Don't ever lose hope.

Love, Ellie