Chapter 20

- "Let's go home."

Thea stood up.

"Nah! I'm waiting for Maddox."

I answered calmly.

- "Why Maddox?"

Sammy asked me with a serious tone.

Why is he all serious all of a sudden?

"Because there is something about him...I can't stop looking at him."

I continued while being completely hammered.

"His lips seem so delicious!"

Biting my lips, I was describing Adrian's.

"I wish if I could touch his... hair. To curl up in his embrace. Whenever I'm near him, I feel like a lamb in a wolf's shadow."

That came out of my mouth unexpectedly. I've been thinking out loud without acknowledging it until the reality hit me in the head.

Confused with a cringe on their face from trying to hear what I was talking about over the loud music, Sam and Thea looked at me.

- "We're gonna go now."

Thea continued.

"No. I'm going to find Maddox!"
- "No need to search for me. I'm here."

Suddenly, Maddox was behind Thea's back. Thea and Sam still looked my way with confusion plastered on their face. Did what I just said a minute ago turned them into zombies?

I stood up from the chair I was sitting in, maintaining some balance. The next moment, I realized that someone was standing behind me. I turned around and saw Adrian standing behind me.

For how long was he standing there? I can't think about that right now. Maddox is waiting.

But in that moment, someone called for Maddox and he disappeared for a brief moment, just like in a puff of smoke.

I looked at Adrian while standing there so helpless.

I inhaled and approached Adrian a few inches closer.

Staring at him I started my question:

"And? Tell me.. Who gave you those eyes?"

He looked at me with curiosity, intentionally tilting his head down so I can easily get lost in his eyes.

He smells like a bag of freshly opened candy to a child who was strictly banned from eating sweets. Strictly banned in the most serious way possible.

- "Do something!"

I heard Thea nudging Sammy to do something.

I couldn't recollect as to why I was there and why I shouldn't stare at him like that.

I can't remember why I shouldn't.. I shouldn't... Shouldn't.

- "Sorry I kept you waiting, Lucia."

I felt Maddox's hand pulling me away from those eyes.

Next moment, I was outside, breathing in the fresh air. I was saved.

I was observing my hand in his. How pretty they looked in a strong hand. And those eyes looked at me with excitement. They looked only at me. At least tonight... At least now.

"Is there a hidden beach nearby?"

Maddox repeated my words surprised:

- "A hidden beach? There is but we'll need to ride a little to get there."

I saw an idea pop up in his head.

- "Wait here. I'm going to get the keys."

He disappeared the next second.

It's amazing how men often find a way over everything when sex is at the stake.

I didn't mind the fact that I didn't know him, I've been single since September. After the last relationship, I didn't even think in this direction for a while. I sat down in the sand and waited.

I felt his hands on my back and I took one than the other hand into my own and pulled them towards my face. I kissed one, then the other. I leaned my head back and sighed.

"Don't ask me why would a girl do something like this with a guy with who she should at least exchange some basic insight of character. This has a much deeper meaning than it seems, even though the leaning and hand kissing might seem innocent to you."

- "Lucia..."

I heard Max's voice and I jumped as if I was launched from the catapult.

Sweet mother! What is happening?!

Max looked at me with sad eyes. It took me a while to speak from the shock.

"How...? What are you doing here?"

The fact that Maddox will appear at any moment made this situation even more uncomfortable and unpleasant.