Chapter Three

It took a bit of fighting, but we all finally came to terms to look for Jasper. We made our way through the forest, following behind Clarke who was moving at a quick pace with Wells. I stay with Bellamy and Murphy. "Hey, hold up." Bellamy said as we caught up to them. "What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart." He waved his gun around.

"Put the gun away, Bellamy." Wells instructed.

"Well, why don't you do something about it, huh?" Murphy said as he grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"Jasper screamed when they moved him. If the spear struck his heart, he'd have died instantly. We don't have time to waste." Clarke explained.

"We should split up. We'll cover more ground that way."

"She's right" Finn added. "Clarke, you're with me. "Wells, you go with Bellamy. Y/n, you go with Murphy."

Song - "New Home (Slowed) : Austin Farwell"

    Murphy and I walked around for a while without saying a word. He whistled a tune while doing tricks with his knife. I admired the way his hands moved around the handle of the blade. I took notice the the veins that trailed up his arms and how they adjusted when his grip tightened.

"Whatcha looking at, Gorgeous?" He asked as he snapped me out of my trance.

I panicked. "W-what?"

"It's fine. I don't mind the attention."

"Figures."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He laughed.

"Nothing." I smiled as I looked to the ground, nervous of any kind of eye contact, however, I could still feel his eyes still on me.

    We then heard the others call out to us and we were quick to run to them. We all met up with Clarke and Finn and they explained that they found a trail of blood that we can only assume to be Jasper's and we began to follow it.

"How do we know this is the right way?" Murphy asked.

Bellamy responded, "We don't. Spacewalker thinks he's a tracker."

"It's called "cutting sign." Fourth-year Earth skills. He's good" Wells explained.

"You want to keep it down or should I paint a target on your backs?" Finn asked before we all shot to the painful groan in the distance.

"What the hell was that?" Murphy asked.

I panicked. "It sounds like Jasper."

"Now would be a good time to take out that gun." Clarke told Bellamy before we all made our way to the source of the groan. We found Jasper tied up to the tree, groaning in pain. It pained me to look at him.

"Oh my god" I cried before walking forward to help him. Without looking in front of me, I was about to fall into a pit of spikes before Murphy caught me. The others soon helped him bring me back up to the ground.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I took a deep breath in. "I'm fine" I nodded my head before focusing back on Jasper. "We need to get him down."

    We made our way back to camp and took Jasper into the drop ship to possibly perform surgery. I stayed up all night with Jasper's head in my lap as I caressed his hair and cooled him down with a wet cloth. He groaned in pain throughout the night and everyone yelled for him to be quiet. What did they expect. He was speared through the fucking chest. It's a miracle he's even alive right now. I don't know what I would do if I lost him.

"Don't listen to them. You're gonna make it through this." I said as I kissed his forehead.

By morning, Monty joined me and advised that I leave. "You need a break."

"I'm not leaving him."

"Y/n, you need to sleep or at least get some fresh air. You've been in here all night." He said as he put his arm on my shoulder. "I'll make sure he's alright."

I nodded and made my way outside for some fresh air. I took a seat next to Octavia who then handed me a cup of water. Clarke, Finn, and Wells went out looking for a specific kind of medicine for Jasper. Bellamy, Murphy, and a few others went out hunting for food.

"How's he doing?" She asked.

"His loud screams didn't answer that for you?" I then realized how harsh that sounded. "Sorry. I'm sorry, O. I didn't mean for it to sound like that."

"I get it." She said as she started to rub my back and I planted my face in my hands.

"I can't lose him too"

"And you won't" she reassured me.

    We then heard a loud horn blare through the air. We stood to our feet in confusion. This was something new. We then saw what looked to be yellow fog making its way into the camp. People screamed as it started to burn their skin. Oh fuck. Octavia grabbed my hand and we ran into the drop ship with everyone else.

"What's going on?" Monty asked.

"I don't know. The air got thick and everyone's skin started burning." That's when realization hit me. I looked to Octavia. "Clarke and the other's are out there." I started to head back to now locked door and Octavia pulled me away.

"Y/n, you'll die if you go out there. Bellamy and Clarke are smart. They'll be fine."

    By nightfall, the fog had cleared and the others had returned in one piece with the needed medicine. We made our way back to Jasper and gave him the medicine to drink. I rested his head in my lap and continued to cool him down with the cloth like I had done the night before. He was still breathing but barely. A few people had died in the fog and I suppose we were gonna have to get used to people dying down here, but not Jasper. Jasper wasn't allowed to die.

    Octavia, Finn, and Monty said in the corner by one of the lights, sharing a bottle of whiskey. Finn then handed it to me and I took a big swig. It was disgusting and yet also ever refreshing.

"Can I, uh, get a hit of that?" Jasper groaned. I looked down to him and saw his eyes fluttering open. I laughed in disbelief that he was finally awake.

"Jasper!" I sighed with a smile.

"Welcome back, buddy." Finn said as he gave him some water.

Jasper looked around at all of us. "Was that a dream or did I get speared?"

"You'll have a very impressive scar to prove it." Clarke smiled as she entered the room.

"Thank you for not dying." I teared up.

"Aww, c'mon y/n, you're not getting rid of me that easily."