Chapter Ten

Song - "Under Giant Trees : Agnes Obel"

Days passed and today was Unity Day — a day I never really cared about. In a summary, it's basically a day where we celebrate the day that our ancestors of the 12 stations joined to form the Ark. Again, I could really care less. Every was gathered in front of the screen as Chancellor Jaha gave his annual Unity Day speech. This day was particularly hated by me because it was the day my parents were floated. 12 years ago today, my parents were floated for trying to help me. It was also rough to think about the fact that the Exodus ship would be down here in two day. Marcus would be down here in two days.

    I haven't seen much of Octavia lately. She was probably out in the woods with another member of the 100 doing god knows what.

    Everyone partied throughout the day and into the night. I hadn't had anything to drink yet though. In all honesty, I haven't even left my tent yet — not since our communications system went down for some reason. Clarke is worried that something bad happened on the Ark. I was worried too, but I didn't want to admit it. I had enough on my mind at the moment.

I laid in my bed reading another chapter of Jane Eyre before someone entered my tent. I assumed it was Jasper because he's being trying to get me out of bed all day.

"Go away, Jasper." I groaned as I flipped the page.

"Someone's in a mood today." Bellamy laughed.

I flipped around to face him. "Shit." I mumbled. "Sorry, I didn't know it was you."

"All good." He smiled as he sat down next to me. I think he caught onto my uneasiness. "You okay? I haven't seen you all day."

"Unity Day's just not really my thing."

He tilted his head. "You don't have to think of it as Unity Day."

"I don't know, Bellamy..." I contemplated as I looked away from him.

He grabbed my chin to look back at him. "What is?"

I didn't know if I wanted to talk to him about this, but I needed to get it off my chest. I sighed, "Kane is going to be on the Exodus ship. He'll be here in two days. I...I don't know if I'm ready for that."

"You're scared, aren't you?"

I nodded my head.

Bellamy took a deep breath in. "What he did to you was wrong. I promise you, I will not let him hurt you again, Y/n." He looked at me empathetically. It was nice to know that he really was looking out for me. "Well on that depressing note, let's go get you a drink. I think we both need one." He offered me his hand.

I gave in. "I think I'm gonna need more than one."

"Then we'll have more than one." He laughed. I then took his hand and followed him outside.

    We played dozen's of drinking games and lost ourselves in the fun around us. For once, I didn't feel like I was running from death, but rather I was living like a teenager. Everyone was cheering, drinking, and dancing around like there was no tomorrow and in this new world, that might even be a possibility. I will say that it was nice to see this new side of Bellamy.

    Clarke eventually pulled us away from the crowd. She seemed more worried than usual. "Finn set up a meeting with the grounders."

"He what?!" I asked.

Bellamy threw his hand over my mouth to stop me from freaking out.

"I'm leaving to go talk to them." Clarke continued.

"Because you figure that impaling people on spears is code for let's be friends? Have you lost your damn mind?" Bellamy asked, still keeping his hand over my mouth.

"I think it might be worth a shot. I mean, we do have to live with these people."

Bellamy finally let go of me so that I could talk. "Clarke, they'll probably gut you, string you up as a warning."

"That's why I'm here. I need you two to follow us, be our backup."

"Does Finn know about this?" Bell asked.

Clarke was hesitant. "Finn doesn't need to know...and, Bellamy...bring guns."

    We got the guns from Raven and we were on our way. Jasper and Raven ended up coming with us for reasons I don't understand, but in this case, the more backup we had — the better. As we followed behind Finn and Clarke, the sun slowly rose up. Eventually we go to a bridge. We all hid below it while Finn, Clarke, and Octavia met up on top. Why the hell was Octavia here?

"What's Octavia doing here?" I whispered to Bellamy.

"I don't know."

Our guns were prepped and ready just in case anything should happen. Eventually, we saw someone running towards them.

"Lincoln?" I asked in confusion. My heart shattered the moment he embraced Octavia into a hug that didn't exactly scream friends. So this is where she's been sneaking off to. She's been sneaking off to be with him.

    Eventually, the leader of the grounders and a few others showed up with weapons. Clarke and the leader made their way to the center of the bridge to hopefully come to terms with each other. We couldn't live like this anymore.

Jasper then whispered, "This is bad."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"There's grounders in the trees." He explained.

We all quickly looked around, but we couldn't see anything. "I don't see anything."Bellamy told him.

"I don't see anything either." I added.

"They're gonna shoot!" He panicked. "Clarke, run!" He stood up and started to shoot into the trees. That's when we spotted the grounders up high. We all started shooting and the grounders started to fight back, including the ones on the bridge. When we all ran out of ammo, we all headed back into the woods. We all met back up at the camp.

"I told you no guns!" Finn shouted.

"I told you we couldn't trust the grounders. I was right." Clarke fought back.

Raven jumped in. "Why didn't you tell me what you were up to?"

"I tried, but you were too busy making bullets for your gun." Finn explained.

"You're lucky she brought that!" Bellamy told him. "They came there to kill you, Finn."

"You don't know that. Jasper fired the first shot!"

"You ruined everything." Octavia spat.

He shook his head at her. "I saved you!"

"Well, if we weren't at war already we sure as hell are now."

    We all walked back into camp, angry at each other. I really wasn't angry at anyone, but Octavia. I still didn't understand the situation. Lincoln kissed me. We had the connection and yet, he's with her. That's my second strikeout on Earth.

    We all turned around at the sound of an explosion in the sky. "The Exodus ship?" Bellamy questioned as he stood next to me.

"He's early" I said as I referred to Marcus.

"Somethings not right." I mumbled to myself as I looked closer. "It's going too fast. No parachute?" The ship then crashed into the ground, creating an explosion anyone for 100 miles would be able to see. "Oh my god." I choked as I started to cry. Marcus used me, ruined my life, and yet, I still cared about if he was okay.