Chapter Thirteen

You were morbidly correct on that plane; Midoriya had been drugged like Bakugou, and he hadn't made it far.

You walked feverishly around your house, having no idea what to do or even say upon the news that was presented on the Tv screen. You walked around the kitchen and back into the living room where you stood behind the couch. The newscaster was speaking, his hair moving from the wind that swept to the left. He was speaking, and the view of the helicopter landing spread across the screen as he went over the situation.

You were frozen, watching with crossed arms against your chest. Midoriya was put on a stretcher, being spoken to by the paramedics as they tugged him into a hospital. You were only able to catch a glimpse of him. It was bloody and pitiful. For a moment you could've guessed he was dead, but the distant voices of the paramedics told you he was responding to their questions.

So, he was alive. Hurt and nearly dead. But he was alive.

For a few long moments, you could only stare. And then you began to think.

What if Midoriya had gotten to you instead? What if Bakugou took his place? What if you took Midoriya's place?

What if there was some sort of destiny where a stranger saved you, and you were completely alone? Would you have survived at all? Been able to do anything?

Your phone buzzed in your pocket repeatedly. It was hard to think with the vibration reminding you of everyone and everything. You pulled it out and clicked on the class group chat that was exploding before your eyes. It hadn't existed before this incident. However, Iida and Yaoyorozu thought it was important from now on. In some ways, you agreed.

Class 1-A

Today 5:24 pm

Ashido: EVERYONE TURN ON THE NEWS

Kaminari: WHAT WHY

Iida: What?

Tsu: what's happening?

Jirou: someone explain

Aoyama: what's happening?

Todoroki: What?

Kirishima: wait what

Satou: Hold on.

Bakugou: Why.

Jirou: i'm not at home rn

Ashido: TURN IT ON RN

Sero: wait what's happening??

Iida: Alright.

Hagakure: Huh??

Kouda: Ok.

Tokoyami: im confused.

Shoji: What's wrong?

Mineta: PLEASE TELL ME ITS NOT ANYMORE BAD GUYS

Ashido: OH MY GOD

Ojiro: What's going on?

You: COULD YOU GUYS JUST WATCH THE NEWS AND STOP ASKING GODDAMN

Uraraka: My phone died. What's going on??

Sero: is anyone gonna explain?