Chapter Twenty Eight

"It's a gesture, Adeline

"It's a gesture, Adeline. Can I not make a gesture?"

"You wanna know my favorite gesture?"

"So you're staying at Sam's sister's house?"

"You would be amazed by the sibling resemblance", I mention to Bucky, muttering as I tear a brush through my mangled wet hair "I mean both of them practically threw me at their couch like a sack of potatoes."

"They forget your can portal home with a snap of your wrist?"

Shaking out the heavy hair, I glance towards the closed bathroom door. "I don't know", I murmur, sliding my phone off the basin and taking Bucky off speaker "Suppose it just doesn't feel right to leave him yet. Not with everything that has gone down with the shield and Walker."

Bucky sighs, wind buffering over the line from his end "Suppose not."

When I hear the wind picking up, I can't help but ask "You find Zemo?"

"Man's currently on his way to the Raft with credit handed to the Wakandan's", Bucky fills me in, "Called it an olive branch between us and Wakanda for breaking him out in the first place."

"You mean you", I smirk, "You broke him out."

"Anyway", Bucky breezes over the entire point "They're flying me back from Wakanda now. I've got something from Sam the Wakandan's were kind enough to make- well I say kind but it was a favor. I called in a favor."

"A favor?"

"A suit", Bucky clarifies "A new suit for a new Cap."

"You understand its if he even wants to take it up Bucky. It's his choice alone-not ours."

"I'm being supportive, Adeline. Can I not make a gesture?"

"You wanna know my favorite gesture?"

Laughing over the call, Bucky lets me know "I should be in town by the afternoon. They're dropping me off a city over."

"I'll be waiting", I sigh, dropping my towel into the bamboo hamper "I love you."