Chapter Ten

"Go protect my wife"

"Protect the kids- protect the wife- Jesus bloody Christ-"

Sprinting out onto the street I yank both Billy and Tommy behind me

Sprinting out onto the street I yank both Billy and Tommy behind me. Swiping my hands I pull up a shield repelling Vision Lite off the surface with a hard enough slam I have to dig my boots into the road. Vision tumbling along the road I lower the shield and curl my fingers. Pushing out enough energy to send the anti-android spurring further down the road and away from the young boys behind me.

Phasing through the trees above me, Vision asserts abruptly "You're supposed to be protecting them inside!"

"There's only so much I can do when you have super-human children putting images in my head!" I blurt right back, arguing "They're worried for Wanda. Tommy saw-" Hearing a whoosh I snap my hands up, creating a barrier solid enough to slam back into Vision who's returned flying down the street. However, Vision phasing through and continuing to pick up speed towards us, I apprehensively hum "-uh-"

"Go protect my wife" Vision takes off flying down the street. Not a look over his shoulder before Vision slams into his... well his body. The duo spinning in a vortex into the sky.

"Protect the kids- protect the wife- Jesus bloody Christ-" cutting myself off, I arch my brow towards the young boys over my shoulder "Please don't repeat that."

As Tommy stands wide-eyed at my outburst, Billy frustratedly shouts "We're wasting time!"

Unable to argue with the pair, I curl my fingers and allow my familiar portal jump to open before me. Eyeing the portal for a moment, I extend my hands to the boys suggestively. I don't think their bodies will take the usual toll it does on regular folk or even super soldiers. If they are the Hex- as is Vision- then they are born of the magic familiar with the Infinity Stone. Portalling shouldn't be that much of a leap-speaking metaphorically. Recalling the middle of town from Tommy's thoughts, I warn the pair "Hold on tight and don't let go of my hands until we're on the other side. Clear?" Their small hands tightening my grip shifts to envelop them tightly. The last thing I need to be doing is losing Wanda's children to the varsity of space.