Chapter Forty One

"There will always be a light at the end of the tunnel

"There will always be a light at the end of the tunnel. But to get to the light you always have to go through the tunnel."

Furrowing my brows as I watch them file through the door of Happy's apartment, "Why're we one lizard down?"

"Dr Conner's" May enunciates his name "Wished to remain in the truck."

Pursing my lips I spare one look around at them and have to agree. Ushering a giant human lizard into here in broad daylight wouldn't have been a smart move. Stepping aside to let them further into the apartment my gaze watches them curiously. Mark, our man of sand, slowly moves to sit on the decorative leather sofa. Yet despite his slow efforts a dust cloud of sand swirls from him leaving ruminants on the sofa. Noticing, he makes a conscious effort to scoot the sand off "Oops. Sorry." The gentleman now dressed as a fireman, the same man who put me in a coma, flicks his fingers towards the tv and brings it to life. He focus reared by the football game loudly playing on the device as our homeless man pokes at the robot set up in the corner.

"So this is your plan Peter?" My attention flickering to Octavias wrapped in his bionic arm, he bluntly pesters "No lab, no facilities- just performing miracles in a condominium? What? You're going to cook up some cures and frozen burritos in the microwave?"

Smirking, our homeless man voices over his shoulder "I could go for a burrito."

Gruffly, Octavias snaps at them "He's going to kill us all!"

"Well let's hope not", Peter hesitantly moves around Octavias "You're up first Doc." Patting him on the back, Peter ducks the other three loose bionic arms "Addie you know where the stuff Happy stole is?"

Ducking his arms, shyly tapping one as I go, I follow after Peter "Yeah. Happy kept a secret lab of sort." Crossing the room, I push aside the light switch panel to reveal a key-code. "Tony went through an adjustment phase building his house. Stark industries wasn't too keen on him milling around their labs so Happy sectioned off a room so he could bunker down here every now and again."

"And you just happen to know the passcode?"

"No", i roll my eyes, giving Peter a look "But I happen to know he's kept the same password and passcode since I've met him." Finger dragging down the numbers I press down on the zero key four times. The panel lighting up green I spare a glance to Peter who just seems overall disappointed in him. "I know", I push the lab door inward "Nobody's proud of it."