Chapter 3 - Late Night Meeting

(Dreaming about a memory)

     The ship rocked violently from side to side and the waves crashed and tried to get aboard. The crew ran from one end of the ship to the other as they tried to adjust the sails or secure the cargo. You were there as well fixing what needed to be fixed and holding on to dear life as the ship rocked. Papá was at the ship's rudder trying to regain some control while Mamá was securing the cargo below deck. Lightning struck and you were able to see the ship was heading towards a sea stack. "Stack! Stack!!" You screamed to warn everyone aboard but before anyone could properly react a loud crashing sound was heard. Then followed the crunch of wood breaking. The sound continued on as the ship kept entering the rock formation. A large gap had formed below and water filled the ship with tremendous force. As the realization dawned upon everyone they attempted to leave the ship as fast as they could. The night sky was illuminated once again they were able to see the large wave that ended swallowing everything and almost everyone.

You woke up and abruptly sat on the bed. Your heart thudded strong and fast to the point where each beat physically hurt. Your breathing was fast and short almost like gasping for air. You gripped the necklace as your mind slowly came back from the memories. In a few minutes you breathing was returning to normal and you were able to let go of the necklace.

The young woman sighed heavily and looked around. The room was all dark but after that dream you weren't really thinking of going back to sleep anytime soon. Instead you decided to look around. You noticed a glass of water on the gavetero. After taking a sip you headed outside your room. As soon as you stepped out your attention was drawn towards the golden light the doors emanated. You walked carefully on the second floor inspecting the doors. Each had a person and their named carved on the wood. They were beautiful and made you question how did they did it or who. Fascinating work in deed.

When you were done with the second floor exploration you decided to head downstairs. Once down, thanks to the dim golden light from the doors above you could appreciate how large the structure really was and how pretty it looked. The decorations, the colors and the design made you feel like it was a warm and inviting place to be. You walked around a bit more until you saw a decently illuminated area that called your attention. Perhaps it had a candle or two and it made you wonder why. As soon as you reached the place you almost crashed on to a person right in front of you.

"Ay dios mío!" You exclaimed in a hushed tone as soon as you saw the unexpected man.

Same was to him. He wasn't expecting anyone to be entering the kitchen at that moment let alone at that time in the night. "Ahh! You scared me." He replied in a hushed tone as well.

He observed the woman in front of him. He didn't recognize her figure or her voice so... It must be the one who was brought in as a patient. Soon he started to feel his breathing growing quicker as a slight anxiety visited. After he started living with the rest of the family his social skills were getting better but meeting new people always made him feel slightly nervous.

"Lo siento, for scaring you." You broke the silence and offered a slight smile.

"Ye-Yeah... Pfft there's no need to apologize for that. Hehe" The man offered a nervous smile. He looked down at the arepa and then back up to you. "Oh here." He offered it. "You can have it."