Chapter 8 - Home (Part 2)

The vast ocean came into view. It seemed like it extended beyond eternity and it made Bruno wonder how far it went and how deep it was. It was definitely a thing to read about it in books and another seeing it for the first time. Bruno stopped his horse and got off it to admire the beauty. It quickly rose other questions as to what was like to visit other places. Were they just a beautiful as well? His lips were pressed in a smile as he refocused on his purpose of the journey. Those questions had to wait, right now he needed to find Y/N.

Bruno unloaded some things from the horse. "This is were we split, buddy. Thanks for the ride. Be safe and return to Casita." The horse, under command, left and took the same route they had taken these days.

The Madrigal looked ahead, once again his eyes resting on the magnificent reflection the sea made of the sky.

Then, explored the coast and took a few seconds to notice the ships docked, the ones being filled, and the people walking around. It wasn't too busy but it still made him nervous. For him it was a new place, a new scenery, surrounded by a new way of life and all in itself was a little scary when it was the first time. He took a deep breath, swallowed and took the first step towards the pier. As he made his way he soon noticed three golden butterflies were at his side. Then again he followed them and tried to meet the speed of the butterflies.They were quite fast when they wanted to plus his body was a bit tired of the trip these past days. So, he followed as best he could.

Once on the docks, he excused himself to the persons who were loading ships as he ran past them in a sense of emergency. Just almost at the end of the pier he saw that the butterflies turned a sharp left towards a ship. He ran a little faster than he could and stopped as soon as the ship came to view. It was smaller than the ones before and there was a golden butterfly on the side with golden letters that read Mariposa. He looked at it a little awed at the coincidence and he knew deep down it was the right one. In part because of the symbolism and the fact they have been guiding him in this journey and part because the writer is relying too much on the butterflies with the excuse of magic.

He approached the ship and suddenly saw Y/N inside it, working on something that look like a huge triangular piece of cloth being dragged up. Without saying a word he got inside as fast as he could before it would be too late. Once he felt relatively safe inside he turned towards the last place he had seen you and there you were. Tying up a knot on the side of the rim of the ship and looking up the sails.

Now that your work was done, you clapped your hands together to clean them and then looked down on the precious green ruana and cleaned it as well. You turned around and saw a figure that your eyes soon recognized. You stared at the man for a few seconds as your heart skipped a beat or two. "Bruno" You muttered his name as you approached the man.

Bruno stood with a warm smile when you turned to see him. His heart also thudded rapidly. He made it, he was here and he felt proud of himself. However since you took a few seconds to react it made him think about the possibility of you getting angry at him, and scream at him for following you or calling him creepy. But that was the anxiety and insecurity speaking.

You were so happy to see him that you ran towards him and embraced him. He was a little surprised but he also welcomed the warmth from your embrace and the sensation of closeness that made all of his insecurities to melt away.