36.

I watched Sarah's chest lift up and down as she laid across Wheezie's lap. I was super unsure of where we were going. I was wondering why I was able to be conscious on this ride and Sarah wasn't. Maybe she had put up a fight, whatever it was it wasn't good. We finally pulled up to a huge dock, one I remember seeing before. 

"What the hell are we doing here?"

"We're getting off of the Outer Banks. Taking us and all of the gold, where it truly belongs." Rose put the car in park and leaned back to see Sarah still asleep. 

"I'm not going with you."

"That's where you're wrong." 

"Why on Earth would I go with you when you just practically kidnapped me out of the mental hospital?"

"Because if you don't, I'll make sure you never see your dad or your little pogue friends ever again." 

I decided to get out of the car, throwing my bag over my shoulder. I opened the other back door and grabbed Sarah. Wheezie was holding her legs while I held her body in my arms. She wasn't very heavy so it didn't bother me supporting her weight. I followed Rose on to the platform. I saw plenty of containers- filled with god knows what. She went down into the body of the boat, it was full of rooms for people to stay on. I was assuming this was going to be a long ride. The door opened and I saw a bed.

"Wheezie, the bed." I was starting to struggle as she got heavier.

Rose shut the door and moved towards the other side of the room. We moved Sarah over and laid her head on the pillow at the top of the bed. I laid next to her, heaving. I heard voices coming from the back of the room.

"You just want me to sit around and look pretty? I'm not going to let you guys do anything to my friends." I turned my head back and saw that someone else was in fact in the room with us.

I felt Sarah move beside me, she groaned out and reached over for me.

"Rachel? Oh my god. Rachel." I felt her body press against my back and holding on to me.

"I'm sorry it had to be like this, Rachel. I never wanted this for you. I told you what would happen if you hung around those Pogues." His voice cut like a knife. I never thought I was going to have to hear his voice again.

"Dad?" Sarah sat up, finally revealing her face to me.

"How are you even alive?" Wheezie moved up and ran to her dad, giving him a large hug.

He just laughed, holding her tightly against his chest. Sarah looked over to me.

"I had to fake my own death to keep us together. Otherwise, they were going to take me away forever."

"I knew it." 

"You knew it? Weren't you stuck in a mental hospital for the past 5 weeks?"

"What the hell does that have to do with anything?"

"I wouldn't say your judgement is exactly good."

"Screw you, Ward. You know nothing- you just don't have the fucking balls to take responsibility for your own actions." I get up, spitting in his face.

I learned that was a big mistake as another individual, who I was told was in jail, walks forward causing me to step back. 

"How about you take responsibility for your own actions, Rachel?"

"I thought you were in jail."

"Seems like you don't know what's going on." Ward added.

"You guys are not getting away with this." Sarah sits up in bed, pulling me back over to her.

"That's what you think." Rafe walked to the door as the boat shakes, there was a loud boom followed by it.

"What the hell was that?"

"I'm going to go look, I saw those pogues following us a while back. They might've just arrived."

Ward and Rafe leave as I watch Wheezie join Rose in the back of the boat. I look over to Sarah, the concerned look from her face disappearing. A huge smile appeared as she pulled her body into mine. It was almost relieving to feel her comforting touch. 

"It's been way too long, Rachel."

"Sarah. I'm so glad you're okay."

"I'm glad you're okay too. John B had mentioned to me where you went. I'm sorry I wasn't able to see you before you left."

"It's alright. I wasn't allowed visitors and I know things were busy around here."

"Wait, how did you get here?"

"Your mom came and picked me up from the mental clinic. She had you drugged in the backseat."

"Yeah, I assumed that's what happened."

"What is going on? Are the others trying to find you?"

"Possibly. They definitely don't want my family getting away with everything."

"With what?"

"A lot happened while you were away."

"Yeah, I gathered. Care to fill me in?"

"This might take a while. Maybe we should go out and find them while I tell you?"

"Sounds good to me."

I slowly walked over to the door, opening it slowly. I motioned for Sarah to follow me out. She shut the door quietly behind her. She walked beside me, unfamiliar of our surroundings. 

"Where should I start?"

"After your dad "died"."

"Oh, alright. This is definitely gonna take a while."