CHAPTER 2 - ANOTHER FLASH?

CORTEX, S.T.A.R. LABS

Jay: "Please, just let me explain. I mean you no harm."

Alfred still had his gun pointed at the Umbreon while Speed was still confused

Speed: "How do you know my name?"

Jay: "I know all your names. Pearl Snow, Trace Ramon, Detective Alfred West-"

Alfred cut him off: "Enough. That part about explaining needs to happen right about now."

Jay sighed: "This world is in danger. When you created the singularity above Plasma Town, you also created a breach between my world and yours."

Lazuli: "I'm sorry, a breach?"

Jay nodded: "Yes, a portal connecting our two Gaia's."

Robert: "And what precisely is your concern?"

Jay: "A few days ago, you found a dead mon named Al Rothstein at the nuclear plant. But then a different Al Rothstein tried to kill you."

Trace looked at Speed: "Atom Smasher."

Jay: "That mon was from my world. If he got through the breach, I suspect there'll be more to follow."

Speed: "Okay, so, Jay, how exactly do you know all of this?"

Jay: "Where I came from, I was a speedster like you. They called me The Flash."

He then began to explain: "Before I arrived on your Gaia, I was in a fight with a mon named Zoom."

Speed recognized the name: "Zoom? I've heard that name before. Atom Smasher, he said Zoom sent him here to kill me. Who is this guy?"

Jay: "He's a speedster, like you and me. And fast. Maybe the fastest of all. But evil. He is an unstoppable demon with the face of death."

He then continued explaining: "We were engaged in our fiercest battle ever, racing throughout my Town. But I wasn't fast enough to stop him. Zoom had me beaten. He was about to kill me when suddenly there was a blinding light and the sky split open. A breach, between my world and yours, caused from the singularity. It pulled me in..."

Jay sighed: "...And I somehow ended up in your world. Powerless. Unable to return home."

Pearl: "What do you mean?"

Jay: "I lost my powers."

Speed: "How?"

Jay shrugged: "Not entirely sure."

Alfred looked at Speed, the Jolteon just gave him a shrug

Alfred sighed and looked back at Jay: "So, you've been in Plasma Town for six months. Why haven't you come to see us before?"

Jay: "I'm in a foreign world here, Detective. I didn't know who you all were. Took me that long to piece it all together."

Lazuli: "So that's how you know our names. You've been following us."

Jay nodded: "Look, I know how this sounds. The existence of another Gaia, you, another Flash, it all came as an unexpected shock to me, too. I just wish there was something I could do to convince you."

Speed: "Well you don't need to convince us about the existence of another Gaia, we already met another mon from a different universe, but we are going to run some tests on you."

Jay nodded: "Alright, go ahead."

TIMESKIP

Pearl was running tests on Jay in the other room while the rest of the team was talking inside the Cortex.