CHAPTER 2.5 - THE BREACH

S.T.A.R. LABS BASEMENT

The team, (not including Lazuli, Alfred or Robert) was in the basement looking at a blue portal that kept fluctuating constantly.

Speed: "Pretty amazing, isn't it?"

Jay: "Still can't believe what I'm looking at."

Speed: "52 breaches in Plasma Town, and the biggest one just happens to be in our basement."

Trace: "We need a name for it."

Pearl: "It's not a pet, Trace."

They hear a door open and in came Robert who had an IV attached to himself: "No, it's a wormhole."

Pearl looked at him in shock: "Professor Stein, what are you doing? Your blood pressure is 147 over 82! You could pass out again."

Robert brushed it off: "Oh, it's merely a few points above the 140 average for a mon my age. Besides, I have some ideas I would like to contribute to this discussion, Dr. Snow."

Speed laughed at Robert's antics

Jay: "This isn't just a wormhole. It's my way home."

Speed: "Jay, you really think that we can use this as some kind of bridge from your world to ours?"

Jay shrugged: "Zoom uses the breaches. Why can't we?"

Trace: "We don't know how. Everything I put through just bounces back."

Speed: "If Zoom's using these breaches to transport Pokémon from your Gaia, maybe it takes a speedster."

The Jolteon then ran to the other side of the room

Trace: "He's not gonna—"

Jay sighed: "Yeah, he is."

Speed then ran back in the room and jumped toward the breach but rebounded off it and was sent flying back

He rolled backwards on the floor for a bit before he stopped, he shrugged: "Maybe I'm not fast enough."

Robert: "I don't believe your velocity is the entirety of the issue, Speed. It might be the breach's stability or lack thereof."

Jay nodded: "He's right. We need to think of the breach as a door, and on my Gaia, there's another door. In between, we have a hallway, but the hallway's constantly shifting, twisting, collapsing upon itself."

Speed finally got up off the floor: "And the doors keep moving with it."

Trace: "So we stabilize the door, we stabilize the hallway."

Speed: "And then I can jump through it."

Jay: "Exactly, it would serve as a kind of cannon. A speed cannon."

Robert: "Alright, you guys can go and work on the breach, I'm going to leave and go for my nap. Sally is already on her way to pick me up."

Speed laughed while Jay and Trace began to discuss how they can stabilize the portal.

Trace: "Lemme go get some tools for us real quick."

Jay nodded and the Luxray headed towards his workshop

TRACE'S WORKSHOP

Trace arrived in his workshop and looked around for the toolbox. He came across an old item he left here several months ago, it was a piece of the other Speed's suit.

Trace: "Hmm, I wonder what he's up to..."

He touched the piece and he had a vision

The Luxray was in a cave of some sort. He looked around and saw a bunch of suits of armor that all looked similar to the one the Jolteon wore when Trace met him.