007

♠   D r o w n e d   ♠

♠ D r o w n e d ♠

"Cinco de Mayo! Cinco de Mayo! Cinco de Mayo!" Calliope chanted as she saw saw the building with different varieties of lights shining and many people entering it. They parked the car and got out, locking it. Heading into the building filled with different kinds of people of all shapes and sizes and heights. She jumped on her spot in joy making her brother do the same, "Okay, before you go," Will started, "let's go over the rules, huh?"

"Will, they're children. Let them have fun." Caroline said and Calliope nodded with big bright grey eyes staring up at her father.

"Go on and have fun kids!" Charles encouraged.

"Come on, Caesar! Let's go find the pinata and smash it into pieces!" the two ran into the swarm of people, all of which wore shocked faces seeing the tiny ape beside the girl.

Eventually, finding the colourful piñata proved to be hard and instead, the siblings found themselves at the table full of food. "What shall we try first?" signed Caesar with widened eyes, "there's so many food, my little brain is going to explode!"

Calliope giggled and looked through the Mexican food she knew. Her eyes stumbled on triangle chips in guacamole. "Try this! It's my favourite." she took a chip and have one to him.

Caesar tries it in an instant. "It burnt my tongue!" he signed as he fanned his tongue that was apparently 'set on flames'.

"Oh don't be such a baby! Maybe there's another that's not so spicy." she said and she frantically looked around but her attention was grabbed by a girl commenting behind her, "Cool pet! What's his name?"

They turned around to four girls behind them. One of which stood in front of them as if she was their leader. "He's name is Caesar. And no, he's not a pet. He's my brother." Calliope smiles proudly to announce.

The girls burst out laughing, "Look girls, she's so in denial of being an only child. She thinks the monkey is her brother!" the leader laughs.

"Such a weirdo." one of them behind her comments. The group of girls all left them like that, "Forget them, C, they're all losers anyway." she says turning to her brother who stuck his tongue out and created the letter 'L' on his forehead with his finger, standing for loser.

"Lili!" a voice shouts and Calliope was engulfed in a hug. "Maya!"

"Oh hi!" the raven-haired girl that was the same height as Calliope waved her hand at the chimp and extended it, "You must be Caesar. My name's Maya, like the Mayan Warrior!" Caesar happily shook her hand.

"This is the Mayan Warrior you were talking about? The one who invited us?" he signs to his sister who nods eagerly. "Uh-huh. I taught her to sign a few basic words. Try some." she encouraged the two.