014

♠    D r o w n e d    ♠

♠ D r o w n e d ♠

Caesar rode stiffly atop his shire horse, leading the hunting party. The human stays quiet as the baby bonobo in her arms softly gibbers about, his green eyes wondering from each tree to tree. He was certain this human was no threat. Otherwise, why would she take in baby apes and nurture them as her own, defining the words of her own species?

After disarming her from her . . .surprisingly many guns, he was certain now she was no threat to his colony. But he knew he would have to keep a very close eye on her. She is not stupid, he saw it through her grey eyes. She brought these weapons and hid them well, meaning she knew the dangers lurking in the Muir Woods.

He glanced at his son. His blue eyes bore holes at the human with an unreadable expression. Obviously he could see how the idea of bringing the species that are considered dangerous into their home made him uncomfortable.

But in a sense, this human had a familiar aura around her and he frustratingly could not point it out. He surprised himself even of calmly inviting her to their home after the pain he had been through at the hands of humans in that shelter. But of course Caesar knew that there were not only bad humans in this world, there were good too. Yet they were rare.

In his mind, he thought apes are better than humans. They knew when to pick up a fight when needed to.

The scarred bonobo on his left, his trusted fellow council member and an ape he considers a brother, Koba rode on his dark horse. A sneer present on his face as he glared at the human. Clearly he wasn't liking the idea as well. But the apes knew not to question the decisions of their King.

Calliope tries not to meet the eyes of the one eyed bonobo, rather the apeling in his arms. A big smile was present on his features and she couldn't help but smile along. She was happy for him, that he reunited with his father. As for Miles? He was too young to even begin to understand he was separated and reunited with his father and his own kind. Yet, nonetheless she was still happy for them.

Soon, they wouldn't need her and she would leave to find her own kind. And start from scratch trying to fit in. That was hard to do and throughout these years of isolation, she didn't want to.

Her thoughts came to a halt as they approached a tall gate made of wood. It's stands tall, towering above their heads as they made their way through. She met the eyes of a gorilla who watched her with curious yet cautious green eyes and the more and more they entered, the more gorillas she saw on their post on each beam. Probably on guard, she thought. Smart.

When they crossed the gate, the colony of apes came into view which immediately took her breath away. Her lips were agape observing the beautiful village, warmth fills her heart seeing small apes being taught by an orangutan. Poor orangutan makes gestures with his hands, signing for them to pay attention but none of them did as the young were looking at the hunting party that arrived.