Thomas made his way into the city just as curfew was starting. His job was to find Teresa.

Teresa looked across the way and saw Thomas. A train passed, and he was gone. She ran to follow him, but he'd disappeared. She saw a figure that looked like her friend and followed him. "This is an alert. Curfew is now in effect. Anyone caught in violation of the curfew will be subject to immediate deportation."

"Thomas?" she called. Thomas turned and walked into an alleyway. "Thomas."

Thomas removed his hood and said, "Hey, Teresa."

"You shouldn't be here. If Janson finds out you're here..."

"I'm not staying. It's just, uh... I had to see you. I have to ask you something. Do you regret it? What you did to us?"

"Sometimes. But I did what I thought was right. I'd do it again."

Thomas nodded. "Good."

He glanced up and the person he'd brought with him placed a sheet over Teresa's head.

They made their way back to the compound and the sheet was removed from Teresa's head. She looked around the room to see her friends staring at her angrily.

"Gally?" Teresa questioned.

"Here's how this is gonna go," Gally said. "We're gonna ask you some questions, and you're gonna tell us exactly what we need to know. We'll start off simple. Where's Minho?"

"You guys don't seriously think..." She caught sight of Thomas.

Gally put a chair in front of Thomas. "Don't look at him. Why are you looking at him? Look at me. He's not gonna help you. Now, we know you have Minho in the building. Where?"

"He's with the others in holding. Sublevel three."

"How many others?" Newt and Lacey asked.

"28."

"I can make that work," Brenda said, holding up a card.

"No. No, you guys don't understand. The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID."

"That's why you're gonna come with us," Thomas told her.

"Well, I don't know," Gally said. "We don't necessarily need her." He stood up "Right? Not all of her. We just need her finger." He picked up a knife.

"Gally, back off."

"What are you squeamish? I guarantee you she's done a lot worse to Minho."

"I said back off."

"It won't make a difference," Teresa stated confidently. "Do whatever you want to me. You still won't get through the front door. The sensors will pick you up the..."

"We know. We're tagged. Property of WICKED." He knelt in front of her. "You're gonna help us with that, too." He held up the knife.

Thomas went first and Teresa said, "Try to relax. This is gonna sting."

"Let's just get it over with."

Teresa glanced at Brenda's disappearing figure. "She's looking good. Healthy. How've you been getting her serum?"

"What are you talking about?" Thomas asked.

"Brenda. I didn't think she'd still be alive. When was her last treatment?"

"At the Right Arm," Lacey answered. "The last time we saw you."

Teresa frowned as Thomas jerked away. "Thomas, that's not possible. She should have turned by now. There's no way she could possibly still..."

"All right, that's enough," Thomas told her.

"You don't believe me?"

"Do you really expect me to? You made your choice."

Gally walked up and asked, "Everything okay over here?"

"Yeah. Yeah, we're done." He walked off and Lacey followed.

Teresa reached for the tools she had used on Thomas, but Gally stopped her. "Nice try."

Thomas walked up to Brenda who asked, "You were friends with her, weren't you?"

Thoman nodded. "Yeah, I was."

"Just be careful. You sort of have this problem where you can't walk away from people. Even when you should. You can't save everyone, Thomas." She handed him a gun.

Thomas pursed his lips. "I can try." He glanced at Lacey with a sad smile. "I have to try." He cocked his gun.