They entered a room with Cranks in cells.

"We need to get out of here," Teresa said.

The girls noticed Thomas looking down at himself and he turned to reveal a red stain spreading.

Teresa and Lacey said, "Thomas?"

He fell to the ground and Lacey whispered, "Thomas." She knelt by his side and lifted up his shirt. "I can't lose you, Thomas."

"Okay. Okay, we need to..." Teresa began.

"Oh, shit..." Thomas muttered.

"Find something." Teresa found a cloth. "Here. Here! Just put pressure on it. Hold it."

"You two gotta go. You two gotta go," Thomas told them.

Lacey shook her head. "You've saved me three times. Let me save you."

Teresa shook her head as well. "No. Not without either of you."

Smoke filled the room and the door opened. Janson's voice sounded. "I admit, Teresa, you had me fooled. I thought we were friends." Lacey remained with Thomas while Teresa snuck around the room making noise. "Maybe it's just in your nature to betray the people closest to you. Come on. Let's not prolong this. We both know there's no way outta here. Let's not make this any more painful than it needs to be." Thomas moved, still hidden, as was Teresa. Lacey was still near Thomas, making sure he was okay. "Thomas. Teresa. Lacey. Pace."

Teresa moved to another area and was stopped by Janson. She backed away. "No. No."

"I think you have something of mine," Janson said, pointing the gun at her. She held up a vial. "Not that. Where is he?"

"Just take it," Teresa told him. "Leave them alone."

"What is it with you three? You think he's so special? He's a lab rat. He was born with a gift. He never had to fight for it, he never earned it. He doesn't deserve it."

"Maybe. But it's his."

"What about you, Thomas? What do you have to say? Don't you have enough blood on your hands already? You might not have been able to shoot her. But I can."

Thomas remained where he was, shaking his head at Lacey who was obviously angry.

"Okay. Fine," Janson said. "Have it your way."

"Janson!" Thomas yelled, throwing a piece of equipment at the door holding the Cranks. Lacey threw something else, cracking the glass more.

"Missed, you little shits," Janson stated.

"Did we?"

Janson stood in front of the Crank cages and they started to crack. "Oh, shit."

The Cranks started attacking him and Teresa ran over to Thomas and Lacey.

"Come on. We need to go," Teresa said. "This way. Here." They ran through the halls and Thomas stumbled. They ran up the stairs to the roof and saw fire surrounding the building just about everywhere.

Teresa walked toward the roof door and flames appeared. They were stuck on the roof.

Thomas fell and Lacey sat cradling him, hoping he could hang on. Teresa watched them worriedly.

Lacey ripped her shirt and tied it around Thomas's wound. He looked up at her and tried to smile, but the pain was too extreme.

Teresa pulled out a vial of blood and gave it to her friend. "I'm sorry," she apologized. "I tried. I managed to save Lacey. Your blood is the cure, Thomas."

"I know. I forgive you."

Thomas and Teresa kissed and Lacey felt a phantom pain in her heart. She hadn't met him that long ago. Why was she feeling the way she did?

They saw the familiar plane and Teresa helped Lacey lift Thomas up. "Come on."

They made their way closer to the plane and Thomas slumped to the ground.

"No!" Lacey cried. "Help me!"

They lifted him up and the hatch opened up to reveal Vince and the others. "Thomas! Lacey!"

"Now!" Teresa cried, helping Lacey lift him up.

They made their way to the edge of the building and Vince yelled, "Give me your hand!"

Thomas reached out his hand, but couldn't keep a grip on Vince. "Jump!" Vince cried.

The building to their left was falling and they knew they didn't have much time. Teresa thrusted Thomas to the plane, then Lacey. "Reach!"

They pulled the two of them up. Just as Teresa was about to jump, she realized she might not make it in time.

"Teresa!" Thomas cried, not wanting to lose someone else.

The building crumbled, and Teresa fell along with it.

Lacey watched sadly as she fell.

Despite his throbbing gunshot wound, Thomas held Lacey close to his chest and held her as tight as he could.

The hatch remained open and Thomas and Lacey looked out at the crumbling city and billowing flames below. The others flipped Thomas over to see that he'd been shot.

"He saved me," Lacey whispered. "More than once."

Thomas's eyes closed as he passed out.

Lacey gently rested her head on his chest as silent tears fell down her cheeks.