Time to Shine!

Description: One fateful day, Lain reveals to the Hizashi brothers that he plays the drums. Little do they know it will open up another opportunity for them to make a name for themselves. How will they balance their personal life, blading career, and a secret faceless band?

~*~*~*~

It's been months since the Tag-Team Tournament. While Lain Valhalla, the infamous Dark Flame was still known for being destructive and villainous when it came to battling, he had grown to like blading as a whole, win or loss. No thanks to two certain brothers who for some reason wormed their way through his life.

Making friends was still a hassle, he'll admit. He'd never really thought he needed those. A few times had he been invited to the Hizashi residence for sleepovers, and yet each one of them still felt like the first one.

Lain's on one of those sleepovers as we speak. The brothers planned on a movie night, with snacks and everything. Hyuga tried to make popcorn but Hikaru had beat him to the microwave before he could do anything reckless. Again. Leaving the brothers to their bickering, he exited the kitchen to entertain himself.

That was when he passed by one room next to Hyuga and Hikaru's room. The few times he'd been here the door to the room was closed shut. That day it was slightly ajar, revealing light blue walls and - was that a red and white electric guitar sitting on the corner?

Intrigued, Lain pushed the door open and entered. There were no beds, so it probably wasn't a guest room, but there were other instruments lying on different spots. A keyboard propped against the wall, a guitar case next to it. Two medium-size amps were pushed to one corner, leaving space in the middle.

Beside those was a sleek royal blue drum set. It's smaller than the one he used to play. A pull of nostalgia lead him near it, his hands picking up the sticks above the snare drum with ease. There's dust accumulating on the set, so he wiped them off with his jacket sleeve, fingers coming in contact with its cool, smooth surfaces.

"Lain?"

He shot up abruptly, biting back a yelp. It didn't save him from losing his grip on the sticks. They landed with a crash. Lain crouched down to pick them up, but Hikaru beat him to it.

"What were you doing here?" He asked the minute they stood back up, drumsticks in hand.

"You never told me you had a lot of instruments," was the response.

Hikaru sighed. "Our dad's side of the family were pretty much involved in the music industry. All of the instruments here were either hand-me-downs or purchased for the two of us. Our parents didn't have the heart to give them away, so they're just here."

Lain hummed, although he never understood the importance. Why keep them if they weren't being used? "You know how to play those, right?"

"U-Uhh, yeah." Hikaru gestured towards the keyboard and the black case. "There's the keyboard, and although string instruments aren't my strong suit - that's Hyuga's turf - I still learned the bass." The blue-haired boy turned towards Lain. "And you?"

"Drums." He pointed to the set.

Hikaru's brows raised. "Oh."

"That's so cool!" Hyuga skipped into the room, grabbing one each of the older boys' shoulders in his usual tight grip. "We can form a band!"

Silence.

"Why?" Hikaru broke it.

Hyuga released his grip and crossed his arms in thought. "Well, I play the guitar, you play keyboard and Lain plays-"