Chapter 16

*Flashback continues but now kiara is 8 years old and she stays in the hostel*

*rajeev's pov*

I sighed and sat back in my office chair . Life has been weirdly quiet and uncomfortably calm since the last 2 years more specifically after kiara left for her hostel .

I know that kia is not responsible for the demise of janu but i can't help but wonder sometimes what if kiara was never born ? would life still be this smooth for me even if kiara was never born? .

Lavanya is 13 years old and karan is 10 years old now . Nobody talks about kia in the house , it's like she has permanantly disappeard from our lives . I have not seen her since she left for her hostel .

Whenever i think i should visit her some or the other thing comes up and i am held back . There is a cooking competition in Kiara's school and i want to participate with her . I got a call about it last evening when i was helping karan with his homework.

The competition is that 1 parent along with a child will prepare a starter , Main course and dessert with the child in the kid's room itself, the burner will be provided by the school.

I asked the teacher to enroll mine and kia's name for it . I have decided that we would make chilli garlic chicken bites for starters , Afghani chicken curry and naan as main course and finally Chocolate pudding for dessert .
I am supposed to leave in a few minutes for panchgani .

I reached panchgani and went to kia's hostel room which is a decent room for an 8-year-old . She is clearly gonna be surprised to see me so suddenly .

she was doing her homework when i entered her room . she was wearing a pink top and skit and was looking absolutly like a little flower .

 she was wearing a pink top and skit and was looking absolutly like a little flower

she hasn't seen me yet as i was standing behind her . She closed her  book and then got off her table and went to the bedside table, there was a small piggy bank there , she took out some money and kept it in her bag .

She then turned around and gasped as she saw me . For a spilt of a second she smiled but then again went back to her normal emotionless face . I still get goosebumps whenever I remember that why and how she learned to maintain a emotionless face .

She ignored my smile and went to the little water dispenser that was there in her room . She bought a small cup of water for me . Aww so cute!!!! I am glad she is responsible . "Hi kia , How are you?" I said to her while sitting on her bed and trying to reach for her hand but she moved back .

"I am good . . . . . . I have to go now my papa will be coming to pick me up . . . . . "
I frowned at her sentence . Which papa will dare to come and pick her up when i am sitting right here??. I opened my mouth to ask her about her 'papa' when the door opened and Amit walked in.

"Hi little highness let's go did you put your shoes on?" He chuckled when kia ran to him and hugged his legs . Hmph i am sitting here for the last 10 minutes without a hug or even a smile and here he walks in and the next second he is awarded with a hug !! Not fair kia you are my daughter !! .

Amit kneeled down and made kia wear her shoes like i made lavanya wear her shoes for her first day of school . I cleared my throat and he looked at me , greeting me with a smile he picked up a small bag that was kept in the corner . Swinging it over his shoulders and picking kia up in his arms he was about to walk out of the room .

"Where are you going kia ?" I asked my child but this man said "We are taking her for a picnic sir " . I smiled and took my daughter out of his arms , "I want to spend sometime with MY daughter so if you don't mind will you please excuse us?" . He nodded and left with a dis-heartened face .

I sat on the bed with kia still in my arms . She was not saying anything , like always . . . . . After a few minutes of me trying to make her talk and her not talking she finally looked at me . Phew. "Do you not like my papa sir?" She asked in an emotionless voice , i am still guilty for snatching away her childhood sweetness but i am trying to make amends .

I was about to get angry and again push her off my lap when she called me sir and him as papa. Why can she not understand that he is not her father , I am her father . I hugged her and rubbed her back trying to makeup for all the 2 years long time of staying away from her. After coming her i have understood one thing that if janvi would have not passed away then probably kia would be my little princess .

It is my love for Janvi that I can'tbe happy if kia is happy . My mind and my heart both know that Kia is not at fault she was not even born , she didn't ever get the warmth of hed mother nor her father but they both get very angry when kia is happy . Look at the irony of my life , I know i am not capable of giving love to kia but still i want her to call only me as her papa .

*after an hour*

I was taking a walk with kia in her school garden because she was sad as i didn't let her go for her picnic with Amit. She was not very suprised when i told her that i am here for the cooking competition . We had to stay out of the room for a while because they were trying to adjust another single bed in the room for me to sleep .

The hostel is good i mean worth the fees payed . It has a garden , a theatre room and a play room . Kia was not talking to me by herself she would just respond to my questions. "How is bhai?" I smiled at her question , she is a obedient child for me and lavanya but for karan she is always his baby sister. I blushed a little remembering how stubborn both my kids had got when we denied their request for a baby sister.

Karan and Lavanya had a common friend mehek and when mehek had a baby sister these 2 pumpkins of mine would not stop crying until we agreed to get them a baby sister . The doctor told us that it is not very safe for janvi to deliver another child but my wife still wanted to do it .

The day kia was born will always be engraved in my heart in black bold letters . I still hate kia for snatching my love from me but at times i do realise that she is just a kid but that is a very short feeling it doesn't even last for 4 days . All the memories of my happy family before kia was born flashed in front of me , the memories of smilling faces of my wife and children were soon replaced with the lifeless face of my love and crying faces of my children .

The sole reason behind all the miseries for my family is kia . Sometimes i wish that i could drop her off somewhere in a scheduled place . So that she may never come back . Sometimes at night in the past 2 i have dreams when Janvi comes and pleads me to bring kia back from the hostel but i don't listen .

My angry thoughts resulted in me tightly fisting kia's wrist that i was holding . My trans broke when she tried to pull her hand back and she was snifling . I was again guilty seeing her cry so i left her hand and she ran off to somewhere far from me . A tiny flashback of karan running out of the hotel room when he got to know that his mumma won't come back crept into my head . Fear of loosing her somewhere in this huge campas gripped my heart and i ran behind her calling her name .

It was not very difficult to catch up with kia but the most difficult for me was to make her calm down because there were only tears streaming down her face , no sobs , no whimpers and no hiccups aswell . She has aqquired this traight from janu , my wife would never sob or whimper for anything .

*flashback ends*

************

First of all thank you everybody for the patience .

Second of all i know that this chapter made 0 sence but i promise next chapter will be better

Third byee