Hide

3 POV

Morning came, and I woke up on the couch, TV blaring. I tried to sit up, but stopped when I heard a whimper. I moved the blanket and revealed a sleeping 8, snuggled up to me as if I was the only solid thing in the world. Cute. She stirred slightly, opening her breathtaking pink eyes.
   "Good morning," I said softly, kissing her forehead.
   "M-morning 3," she replied, blushing.
   "What do you want for breakfast?" I asked her, my voice gentle as I continued to hold her.
   "Whatever you make is good enough for me." She mumbled softly.
   "How about a breakfast sandwich?" I asked, a small smirk forming on my face.
   "Mmmm, yummy," she mumbled, and then fell back asleep. Cod she is too adorable. I gently started to lift her off me, but she wasn't having that. So I just sighed and proceeded to cuddle with her, resolving to cook when she actually woke up.

Timeskip 8 POV

   "What?"
   "We can't tell anyone that we're in a relationship." 3 said, "not yet."
   "Why?" I asked.
   "Octolings haven't exactly been accepted here yet, once people find out that there is an interracial relationship, I will start getting attacked for having 'poor taste' and a lot of that will rebound on you, I can't have that." 3 replied, "that, and Marina hates me, so if she finds out the one person she's the most protective of is in a relationship with her most hated person, she'll try to stop you from seeing me." That sparked panic in me. Marina wouldn't do that, right? No, he is right, Marina really doesn't like him, and she is protective of me, she will try. But he needs this, maybe even more than I do. And I need this, this love that I get from him, even more than anything.
   "So we hide." I said
   "Only in public," he replied, then leaned closer to me, whispering, "but we can be as--intimate--as we want behind closed doors." Then he kissed me, and the world felt perfect.

Timeskip-jutsu!

I see why authors like these.

We were driving towards Pygmy Mansion, apparently the whole Splatoon would be there. I placed my hand on the center console, resting it comfortably. To my surprise, 3 moved his left hand and rested it on mine. I rotated my hand so our palms touched, then our fingers entwined. A rush of feelings washed over me, love, safety, and happiness.
   "3?" I said.
   "Hm?" He responded, eyes on the road.
   "I love you," I told him.
   "Love you too," he said back, squeezing my hand.
   "I'll be with you till the end,"  We said at the same time.

Another chapter! It's a little shorter than normal, but something is better than nothing. Not saying the story's almost done or anything, but I've been thinking about doing a Xenoblade 2 x OP male reader, idk. Let me know if you think I should do it, after I finish this one of course, still got a few chapters left in me for this one. Anyway, if I made any errors, let me know, Gold out!

And, #4 in the agent8 tag? Damn, and I thought my writing was sub-par, despite all the support I've been given. Thanks!