Chapter one

---

### The Change

~Elsa~

From the window, I can see the radiant moon adorning the sky as if she'd conceived a brilliant idea, something that needed to illuminate the Earth. As time passes, I can't tear my gaze away from her indescribable beauty. Sometimes I wish I could stay there forever, capturing every detail of her splendor, but unfortunately, I don't have the power to do so.

**

It's now been a year since I left for college. Even though I video chat with my mother frequently, I still miss my hometown. My stomach feels empty without Larry's delicious food. At least I don't have to face my father and grandmother. They are still mad at me because of my unyielding determination to leave for university. Now, I don't receive any financial support from them, and my mother has become a guardian since day one. She keeps checking on me like a surveillance camera, probably to protect me from any bad behavior. I knew that with the smallest mistake, they would drag me back home to marry me off immediately to an old, unattractive man. That's not the future I envision. That's why I begged them to let me study. My books were my sanctuary, and I promised myself to become a successful lawyer one day. Now I feel more independent, and I am happy about it. I've also been working a lot because college isn't something I can easily afford.

#

Finally, some peace. It's August, school is out, and I am enjoying my sweet summer holidays. Well, I still have to work, but at least I don't have to wake up early. In the morning, a ray of sunshine was disrupting my sweet sleep, so I got up and made my way to the restroom.

"Good morning, Ice Queen."

I heard a soft voice calling me as I turned around to see Sam standing in front of the mirror with lots of makeup on her face, trying to fix her short black hair into a cute ponytail. She was wearing black shorts as usual and a beautiful light blue top that perfectly matched her eye color. Sam is my roommate and my best friend. We first met in high school, and since then, we became close friends. By the way, if you're wondering why she calls me "Ice Queen," it's because my name reminds Sam of her obsession with Frozen when we were kids.

"Good morning, Sam! I'm hungry. What are we making for breakfast...?"

Before I could finish my sentence, she gave me that look I hated. Sam grabbed my hand in a panic, pushing me away from the kitchen.

"No, no, no breakfast. You have to get ready, or else we will be late."

"Late?"

"We have an important job interview today."

Confusion filled my face. We've been working part-time as waitresses for a year now. We weren't very happy there. We had to deal with all sorts of people, and we weren't paid well either. Still, I had no idea what she was talking about.

"Job interview? We already have one?"

"Oh, Ice Queen, you ask too many questions. Just trust me; I will explain everything."

We were running out of time, so we took our car. As usual, Sam was the one driving. All the way there, I couldn't stop thinking of how good it would feel to get a real job, so I started imagining... I enter my office. There's a dark walnut bookcase lining the entire left-hand wall. There's a leather sofa with a fur rug over the back and an Indian blanket draped over the arm. The far wall has a large fireplace and mantle dominating the center, with bookshelves on either side. On the mantle, I have two antique clocks and a painting of three jazz musicians. Oh, I'm such a dreamer.

..

And finally, there it was. OMG, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a huge glass building that sparkled with purity. The sun made it even more magical, and there was a pizza store too. As I started running towards my castle, Sam stopped me.