chapter sixteen

:

---

"Rays of Sunshine"

**

The weight of losing Elsa bore down on me like a storm cloud that wouldn't dissipate. The thought of her leaving my apartment, my life, was unbearable. The way she looked at me, with those eyes that seemed to pierce through my soul, I couldn't let that go. I had to make things right.

I headed downstairs, finding Theodore brooding in the kitchen. His presence always seemed to carry a certain tension, but today it felt heavier than usual.

"Theodore," I started, breaking the silence, "we need to talk about Elsa."

Theodore looked up, his expression cold. "What's there to talk about? She can leave if she wants."

"No, she can't," I snapped, my voice firmer than intended. "I can't lose her. I won't."

Theodore smirked, leaning back in his chair. "Is that so? And what about Sam? You've already let her get involved in this mess."

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Sam saved me. She's the only reason I didn't completely fall apart."

"Yeah, but she's still a liability," Theodore retorted. "You know how these things go. People like us can't afford liabilities."

I shot him a glare. "She's not a liability. And for the record, she was your first kiss, Theodore. That means something."

Theodore's eyes darkened, but he said nothing. I took that as a small victory, knowing I had struck a nerve. I left him there and went upstairs to find the girls.

As I approached the room, I could hear soft murmurs. I knocked gently and entered, finding Elsa and Sam sitting together.

"I'm sorry," I said, looking directly at Elsa. "For everything."

Elsa's eyes softened, and she gave a small nod. "It's okay, Leon. We all make mistakes."

After a few minutes, Theodore came upstairs. His face was a mix of frustration and determination. "Sam, can we talk in private?"

Sam glanced at Elsa, who gave a reassuring nod. "Sure," she said, standing up to follow him.

Once they were gone, I turned to Elsa. "We need to go meet the producer today. Are you ready?"

Elsa nodded. "Yes, let's go."

We made our way downstairs, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of dread about what was happening between Sam and Theodore. Just as we reached the bottom, they joined us.

Theodore spoke up first. "We're not going to fight anymore. I'll bring Sam to jail"

Elsa looked in terror.
"University, he meant."
Ugh , Theodore was getting on my nerves lately .
I was shocked to be honest but decided to let it go for now. "Alright," I said, trying to keep my voice steady.

Elsa and I left the apartment and headed to the producer's office. The place was impressive, with large glass windows and a sleek modern design. We entered the glass elevator, ready to go up to the top floor.

As the elevator started to move, I felt a sudden panic rise in my chest. Flashbacks of my grandfather's torture sessions in small, enclosed spaces flooded my mind. My breathing became erratic, and I felt the walls closing in.

"Leon, are you okay?" Elsa's voice was gentle, but it barely registered through my panic.

The elevator jolted to a stop, and I felt a cold sweat break out. "I... I can't do this," I whispered, my voice trembling.