Chapter two

---

**My First Party**

As we were on our way, I couldn't stop imagining what it would be like to attend a party. As a teenager, I had watched movies that depicted them as wild and chaotic events, with people drinking, dancing like maniacs, and playing games like truth or dare. But of course, this wouldn't be like that; we weren't teenagers anymore, which only heightened my nervousness.

Finally, we stopped. It was cold and dark, and eerie sounds accompanied every step I took. I accidentally bumped into a strange man. His head was as large as a watermelon, ready to burst. He turned around, and his beady black eyes met mine. I kept walking, too frightened to look away. It felt like a Halloween party; everyone appeared scary and psychotic. As I wandered aimlessly, I realized Sam wasn't beside me. Panic gripped me, and loud screams escaped my trembling body. Something soft touched my shoulder, and I turned around to see familiar big blue eyes.

"Wake up, Elsa!"

I opened my eyes and realized I had been dreaming. I must have fallen asleep while we were driving.

"Elsa, we're here," Sam said with a strange look.

I got up and started walking towards her.

"God, you are such a sleepyhead."

I laughed as we kept walking.

**

I was speechless at the magnificent view before me—a stunning three-story building constructed with small milk-colored stones and large sections of pristine black glass. White lights in the shape of small flowers adorned the front of the building. Expensive cars were parked nearby, and colorful roses easily caught my attention. A group of young musicians played a beautiful melody that touched my heart. Everything was relaxing and peaceful. It felt like a royal castle to me, a luxury I could never afford like Christina's.

"This place is incredible," Sam said in a hushed tone.

Oh Sam, this is a dream.

#

We entered, following a red carpet all the way to the stairs. Two muscular men were standing there, checking the guests' names and purses.

"Miss, your names, please," one of them asked respectfully.

"Samantha Stain," she said.

"Elsa Ludovi," I followed.

After checking the list, we were allowed inside.

The place was enormous, with numerous round glass tables and elegant decorations that made everything look incredible. Polite waitstaff kept smiling at us and often asked if we needed anything. It was nothing like the movies; it felt more like a wedding.

"Excuse me, Miss, would you like something to drink?" one of the waitstaff asked us with a warm smile.

"Thank you!" Sam said, taking two glasses. She handed me one. "I wish I had a chair; I really want to sit down."

"So, you're not feeling comfortable here?" I asked her.

"It's beautiful, but boring," she said, twirling her glass in front of her face.

Sam wasn't like me. She had a free spirit; she enjoyed noise and wild dancing. She didn't care about people's judgmental opinions and could do anything but stay still.

**

I felt a bit out of place because everyone looked fancy. All the girls were wearing dresses, even the waitstaff, and whenever I looked at myself, I saw a teenager going to babysit someone's child. Sam seemed to notice, as she always did.