Chapter five

**One Special Day**

---

"Elsa, how could you hide this from me? You know how obsessed I am!" Sam exclaimed.

"That's exactly why, Sam."
##

I was genuinely scared watching Sam faint right in front of us. Leon was her idol, so it wasn't surprising that she reacted so strongly, but fainting seemed a bit excessive.

"Leon! Leon was here!" She woke up suddenly, scanning the room, clearly searching for him.

"He's gone."

"So I wasn't hallucinating, you saw him too, right?"

"Yes, he came to get his phone."

"Wait a second, he came here, to our house, to get his phone? Where did you get Leon Ricardo's phone from, Elsa? I'm confused. What's going on?"

It was time to explain everything that had happened almost ten hours ago. Sam was angry, not just at me for hiding it but also at herself, perhaps for leaving me alone and vulnerable. I could see the guilt written all over her face as I carefully recounted every detail.

"I'm sorry, Sam..."

"No, Elsa, I'm sorry for putting you through all of that! I'm lucky to have a friend who really cares about me." She reminded me of the time she nursed me through a fever, acting like a real mother. "Don't worry, I forgave you a long time ago."

After finishing, Sam smiled at me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders and warming my heart. But her smile didn't last long.

"Hahaha, I find it really funny that you almost killed Leon Ricardo."

Typical Sam; no matter the situation, she could make you laugh.

"Sam, I forgot to tell you..."

"What?" Her blue eyes widened, fixed on me.

"He invited us to his birthday party as a thank you for saving him."

Her eyes gave me a strange look, but her mouth was wide open.

"I mean, for taking him to the hospital."

I closed her mouth gently and shook her shoulder. "Are you there?"

"Aaaa Elsa, this is the best day of my entire life!"

Sam was practically shaking with excitement. This went deeper than I had realized; she was a devoted fan who only listened to his music.

"Elsa, we have to buy outfits! I have nothing to wear, let's go."

Without a second thought, she grabbed my hand as we made our way out.

"Come on, Elsa."

"Wait, Sam, slow down. I need to put my shoes on. Besides, we have two days to get ready."

"Only two days? That's not nearly enough!"

Sometimes, I thought I would never fully understand this girl. Nonetheless, we headed straight to the mall.

---

The holiday season was approaching, and you could feel the magic in the air. While I wasn't Christian and didn't celebrate Christmas, I admired the warmth and joy people created during the cold weather. As we entered the shopping center, we were greeted by large crystal globes hanging twenty feet high, each filled with perfect snowflakes. They were surrounded by long strings of colorful lights meticulously draped across all floors. The warm air not only thawed our bodies but also brought smiles to our faces. Many stores boasted sales of more than fifty percent, even though it was only mid-November. Sam was ecstatic, eagerly entering the first store with a discerning eye.