Chapter 10

"Gabriel. I told you not to annoy Reygan! Sorry." Alissa said walking over to us.

"We were just talking for a minute. And besides you're not my girlfriend anymore so you shouldn't be telling me who I can and can't talk to." Gabe said walking off.

"Whoa okay what's going on?" I asked Alissa, although I already knew.

"Ugh, nothing. We just... we used to date and just recently broke up. I guess I haven't gotten used to it yet. I think I'm just jealous." she said looking away.

"Don't be. Just try to ignore it. I know it's probably hard to since you see him everyday but I know you can do it. Besides, he got over it didn't he?" I said giving the best advice I could.

"Well, I guess. I'm going to go take a nap. Will you wake me up if they leave?" Alissa asked.

"Of course."

After a little while, Gabe came back over by me. "Hey again. Sorry about that. I probably sounded a bit rude there huh?"

"No, not really. If you don't mind me asking, why did you two break up?"

"Honestly, I don't even know really. I mean she was just too bossy and I don't think I actually liked her..." Gabe said. "And she got jealous over the stupidest things. Obviously you've seen that she doesn't want me to even talk to you even though we aren't dating anymore."

"Yeah. She just needs more time to get over it I guess." I said.

Chris's POV:

I didn't hear them come back yet. It was getting late and the more late it got, the more worried I was getting. I tried not to think of it too much and kept reading while petting Sherbert. Suddenly, the dog jumped up and ran out of the room. "Sherbert! Come back here!" I got up quickly and ran after her. The person on watch had just opened the door to check if they got back yet. Sherbert took the chance and ran right out. I then followed without even thinking."Sherbert!"

I couldn't catch up so I just kept running. Sherbert seemed to run nonstop though I was getting tired. How a small dog like her could run so much was beyond me.

Once Sherbert stopped running, I looked around and saw the t-shirt that was on Reygan's shoulder on the sidewalk. "Reygan? Are you in there?' I picked up the shirt to let Sherbert sniff and see if she could find her. If she was anywhere near this place, Sherbert should be able to find her.

Maggie's POV:

During the three days that we have been stuck in the bunker surrounded by crazies I have been able to sleep, a lot. I have done absolutely nothing except talk to Jack and think about that stupid kiss that had happened before. Even though Sawyer says we will be getting out soon, I don't believe it. Everyday he is working on an old, broken walkie-talkie, that he found in one of the cabinets. I asked him what he was doing and he told me that he was going to try and contact one of his people to tell them to come and fight the crazies to get us out of here so we can finally be able to live in the bunker with the rest of the group.

"It works!" Yelled Sawyer jumping out of his seat.

"The walkie-talkie is able to turn on! Now all I have to do is find the channel that Max is on and we can give them a message to clear out the crazies by us and then lead the group to safety!"

"How long will it take to find the right channel?" Jack asked.

"It shouldn't take that long there will only be a small amount to choose from so it should be less than 48 hours until you see Chris again Maggie." Sawyer said. I sighed in relief. I hoped Chris was doing fine without me there, and I missed him badly.