Changing World

CHAPTER 1

"We knew it'd be coming! Flu season.. Time to get your flu shots and keep everyone safe!" The television person said to me.

"I don't care about your medical conditions!" I yelled to the T.V. while throwing a pillow at it.

"Maggie, mom said its time for dinner." Said my younger brother Christian, or Chris, as he entered my room. We actually had a really happy sibling relationship unlike most brothers and sisters. I really loved my brother to death. I was always thankful for having a brother like him.

"Tell her I'll be there in a minute. This show is almost over." I said as I turned my attention to the T.V. once again.

"Whatever." He said walking out of the room.

As I finished watching the show, I got up to put my socks on because the floor was so cold. I headed out of my room and down the stairs to the dining room. My parents and Chris were already at the table waiting for me. I picked up a plate and walked towards the table to sit down in my chair. We started to put the food on our plates and started to eat. I ate a bit fast and so I was the first done. I wanted to finish before my parents would talk about how bad their day was and all that. I really didn't want to hear it because I really didn't care.

"Oh! Margaret! Why don't you stay here till everyone is finished?" My mom said. Great.

I sat back down in defeat and crossed my arms.

"Did we tell you kids about how our day was?" Here we go again...

~~~~~~~~Ten minutes of torture later~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can I go now?" I asked hopefully.

"Yes you may." My dad said.

In my opinion, I liked my dad better than my mom. I still didn't care for his stories either but he just seemed better than her. I really hated how my parents told me what I could or couldn't do. I was practically an adult not a baby anymore. I mean I'm almost 17! I know I would probably regret thinking this but I always thought that they should have given me up because maybe then, I'd have better parents. I was pretty sure they felt the same way, they just never would admit it to me. I could tell they loved Chris more because he was always spoiled with clothes and video games while I was just lucky enough to get a hair brush.

~~~~The next morning~~~~

I woke up at precisely 6:30 a.m. I didn't feel like getting up and getting dressed but I felt like that every morning. School starts at 7:15 so I have about 30 minutes to get ready. I decided to skip breakfast today even though I rarely ever ate it anyways. When I finished brushing my teeth, I got up and walked over to my dresser. I had already picked out my outfit the night before and so it was on top of it ready to go. I picked out a blue hollister hoodie with ripped jeans and my black boots. I decided on putting my light brown hair into a fishtail braid. I hardly ever wore makeup unless it was for a special occasion, such as a dance. I just don't like the feel of it, it just sticks to my face. Everyone always thought I looked better without it and so did I. When I was ready I grabbed my PINK backpack and headed out the door to wait for Chris. In 5 minutes, he came out the door and hopped into the front seat of my car.

"Slow much?" I asked teasingly while I started up the car. Chris is 14 so he goes to high school with me.

"Can we go pick up my friend Raymond?" Chris asked.

I sighed, "Where does he live?"

"Not far. Just a bit down the street towards school." He simply answered.

I backed up out of the driveway and down the street towards Raymonds house. He was already waiting outside. I never saw him before but, even though I was 2 years older than him, I thought he was cute, but I would never date him. As I pulled into his driveway, he looked at Chris and smiled. When he got into the car he looked at me and smirked. I could tell that he liked me already.