Chapter 11

"Maybe if we get the right tools to cut off your arm you could have a good chance of living." John said. "Or we could go out there to see if we can find some medicine that could help? But that would have to be in a few days when we all get settled in. It's kind of difficult to figure out when or if you will even turn into one of those things."

She nodded her head for the second option.

"What if she turns when we're sleeping?" Someone asked.

"Well we're going to have to take shifts watching her during the night." Sawyer replied.

Sawyer and John went to go make a schedule of times that people will watch her.

I walked over to Gabe who was sitting on his bed. "Hey um, sorry. About your mom. I lost both of my parents. I get what you're going through right now. But I think your mom is going to make it. She seems like a strong woman."

"Thanks." He said and went back to staring at his bed.

I went to go get Sherbert to bring over to Gabe and his sisters. I thought maybe it would cheer them up. I picked her up and brought her over to them. One of Gabe's little sisters grabbed Sherbert and hugged her while she licked her face.

I then went over to talk to Reygan and Alissa.

"I don't think I've ever seen Gabe so sad before." Alissa said.

"Well not knowing if your only parent will live or not is hard to deal with. I'm just glad I still have my da-" She cut herself off. "Sorry Chris"

"Oh it's fine. I'm glad you still have him and won't have to go through that." I said.

She gave a small smile.

"I'm going to go see if Sherbert is hungry." I said and walked back by my bed where Sherbert was sitting. She gave a look that said she was either bored or needed to go outside. I guessed she needed to go outside.

"Um I need to take Sherbert outside..." I said to Sawyer.

"Okay well make sure you have your knife and don't stay out too long." He said.

"If I'm not back in five minutes, come get me." I said as I put the leash on Sherbert.

I walked up the stairs while Sherbert led the way. Sawyer opened the door and would open it when we come back. It was quiet and dark. I slowly walked out of the Pizza Shop and let Sherbert go wherever she needed while still holding the leash. Looking around, I saw what I thought had to be that girl again since there was a light coming from that way. It wasn't that far but a few buildings away. I brought Sherbert along and carefully walked over to the light.

As I got closer, I decided to say something. "Hello? Do you need help?"

Then the light got smaller and I realized she was running away. I started to run after but got to the building and didn't see anyone or anything. I then decided to start going back to the bunker before Sawyer got worried. On my way back I saw someone.

"Chris?" I then recognized it was Sawyer's voice.

"Sorry, um Sherbert ran off again." I lied.

We then walked back to the bunker.

Maggie's POV

Ever since Jack and I kissed I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I decided to finally have the courage and talk to him about it and figure out what that kiss meant.

"Hey." I said approaching him.

"Hey is something up?"

"No not really I just have a question to ask."