Chapter 8

Maggie's POV:

"Do you know where Chris is?" I asked Jack as I laid down in our bed.

"Don't worry about him, he's probably just running around with the leader's daughter."

"When was the last time you saw him?"

"I don't know, right before Sawyer told us about the hunt? I can't think it's too late."

"He better show up in the morning or he's in trouble."

"You're acting like his mother, just relax!"

"Well someone needs to be responsible for him." I said as I rested my head down on the pillow.

Reygan's POV:

It was 11:42p.m. Only eighteen more minutes until we set out on our journey. I had second thoughts but I knew it was going to be the right decision. Anything to get out of this place. The minutes went by fast as these thoughts raced through my head. I got up quietly and walked to the bathroom. Chris was already there I guessed because I didn't see him in sight. Right when I walked in, there he was waiting and holding the bag.

"Ready to go?"

"I guess so."

With that, we made our way into the vent again and to the roof. "You got the flashlight?"

"Yeah. So we are going to go that way towards the car dealership. From there, we will go to my old friends house to sleep then just go anywhere we want!" He sounded so excited like he knew there wouldn't be any obstacles in our way.

We used the ladder to get down but just ended up on the first floor roof. We needed to find a way to get down from there. I saw the bricks on the side of the wall and some stuck out a little. It might just work enough for us to climb maybe halfway and could just jump down into the grass from there. "Over here."

As we kept walking I keep looking around thinking that I heard voices. But I didn't worry too much since it was all probably inside my head since I was somewhat scared. One time when I looked around I thought I saw a crazy but I must have been seeing things because when I looked back, it wasn't there. I started to wonder if it might have been a real person but then again, they would say something right? That's what I would do at least. The noises were still going on but I still didn't see anything, so I decided to ask Chris if he heard the same things.

"Hey Chris do you hear that?"

"No what are you talking about?"

"You don't hear them at all? They aren't quiet."

"Nope. Just don't worry about it."

Just then we heard footsteps.

"Quick hide behind this car."

I followed Chris behind the car. I hope there aren't a lot of crazies showing up. We don't have a lot to defend us. But then something strange happened. We heard the crazies talking.

"I don't think those are crazies." I whispered.

"Maybe they can help us!" Chris replied. But then we listened in on what they were saying and immediately regretted leaving the school.

"Our army is getting bigger so that means more food. A mile or two away there was a school and there should be supplies in it. The only problem is that I saw people." One man said.

"We have guns we can take them down if they don't obey us." A lady said.

"When is this mission taking place?" Someone asked.