Chapter 7

"Helpers? What do you mean by helpers?" Jack asked.

I started to look around the auditorium still trying to catch my breath. I stared in shock as I saw almost a dozen people behind the person Jack was talking to. I started to count how many of them there were. Six...Seven...Eight. Eight So there's Nine people all together that strangely helped us from crazies. But why? Why did they want to help us?

"Well we did help you out didn't we? You almost got attacked by the creepers." The man said.

"Creepers?" Jack questioned looking at me.

"They call them creepers we call them crazies." I whispered to him.

"Oh right." Jack said turning back to the man. "So what are your intentions with us?"

"Nothing that you can't handle. We just want to get to know you first." The man said.

"Why?" Chris said stepping forward.

"I'm sorry I never introduced myself. My name is Sawyer and this is my daughter Reygan." He said as a girl that looked about Christian's age walked up to us.

"Hi." Reygan quietly said.

Once Chris saw Reygan I immediately saw the expression on his face. She reminded him of Nicole. It must be because she died recently and that he is just missing her.

"Reygan, do you mind showing them around? You know, where the food and supplies are." Sawyer said and walked away toward the other people.

"Here's a flashlight." Reygan quickly said as she handed it to Jack. "Thanks."

"Well here is the food and over there is where we have all of the weapons and other stuff we might need. We are using the stage for where we sleep and we always have someone on watch, usually the adults take shifts. We just took off some cushions from the seats and used them to make beds but we also have blankets. I think that's it. Not much but it works."

"Are there any bathrooms?" Chris asked. "If there is I kinda need to use one." he said laughing. Reygan smiled.

"Yeah they're through that door over there. They work now but might not soon."

Sherbert barked. "You have a dog?"

"Oh yeah. I hope thats not a problem?" Chris said as he set down the bag and let Sherbert out.

"No, no it's fine. I mean as long as she doesn't bark like that."

"She doesn't usually bark that much. I think she'll be okay." Reygan gave Chris another flashlight and he walked over to the bathroom.

Reygan walked over to Sherbert. "What's her name?"

"Sherbert. She's only Four." I answered.

"Time to sleep. Amy, John you're on watch until 3 then Henry and Blake." called out one of the people we still haven't met yet.

We walked onto the stage where there was on lamplight right in the middle. "Jack, Maggie is it okay if you two share that bed over there? I'll share with Chris since there are no more empty beds I guess."

"Um, yeah that's okay, right Jack?" He nodded.

"I really don't care as long as I get to share a bed with you Maggie." Jack winked at me, walking over to our bed. I didn't know what to do. Was he flirting with me? Or was he just trying to confuse me because believe me, I am confused. I didn't even have it in me to answer back to him. So all I did was say goodnight to Chris and follow Jack to our bed. Jack was already laying down, staring at the ceiling.

"Are you going to lay down or just stare at me." Jack said.

"Um, sorry." I said crawling into bed next to him. It didn’t take long until I fell fast asleep.