Toby

"Where do we start?" I asked, leaning forward in my seat to address the whole car.

"When we get the fingerprint samples back, we start looking at the guy's background. We find him, Gina will probably be with him. Simple," Walter asserted.

"How does his background help us find him?" Happy questioned.

"Where he lives, for one. Also where he likes to go."

"Okay." Happy rolled her eyes and settled back next to me - a tiny bit closer than before she'd asked the question. I smiled.

"Do you really think he's going to be casually going about his day after murdering eleven people and injuring three?" I asked, my heart rate elevating. Something about seeing that man force Gina to injure, to watch, to murder - it made me sick. I felt nothing but pity for her - and perhaps a little contempt.

She would be tried for murder. And convicted. I knew it already.

"He murdered in cold blood. He's a psychopath," Walter said coldly, his hand tightening on Paige's. It appeared I wasn't the only one aggravated about this.

"Makes me sick," Cabe muttered from up front.

"Join the club." Happy shifted a bit, her thigh pressing against mine. A nervous feeling worked its way into my throat, her leg warm against mine.

"There's a club?" Sly asked.

"It's an expression." Happy rolled her eyes.

Sly hummed in acknoledgement. "Are we going back to the garage?"

"Where else would we go?" Walt snapped.

"I was just making sure," he whimpered, hunching back into the seat. Fear. Sly could never stand to have anyone mad at him - especially Walter.

"Well, use logic," Walter retorted. "If you think logically, questions, and problems, are answered."

Sly flinched, trying to hold himself back from correcting Walt's grammar.

What were they talking about, through? It was beyond obvious Walt's agitation went beyond Sly's simple question. It wasn't like Walter to get mad at Sly - he was like his innocent, naive little brother. Oh, that was it - siblings.

Megan. Did that count as incest?

"Well I've got lots of problems," Cabe muttered. "And though one of them would be solved by thinking logically, nobody seems to be."

Walter ignored the dig. Paige didn't. "Nothing is logical about love."

"Love?" Cabe questioned. Realizing her mistake, Paige flushed. "Love? Walter doesn't believe in romantic love."

"People change," Paige stated angrily.

"Walter isn't 'people'," Cabe responded. "He's a genius, and he's nothing like other people. You haven't realized that after months with this team?"

"Geniuses are enabled. That doesn't mean they can't change."

Sylvester's head swiveled back and forth with each comment, like it was a tennis match.

"Yeah, but if you haven't noticed, they're pretty damn set in their ways."

"Hey," I finally cut in. "Happy used to be totally opposed to me. And look at her now, she adores me."

"Yeah," Happy agreed, before her eyes widened and she clamped her hands over her mouth. "I mean, uh, yeah that I used to hate him. NOT yeah that I adore him. Which I don't, of course."