Happy

I looked up as Paige came back down the stairs, looking a little starstruck.

"Well, hel-lo!" Toby wolf-whistled. "Swollen lips, way dilated pupils, and nearly walking on air? Looks like someone's been having a quick makeout session!" He smirked.

Paige flushed bright pink, then turned away. "Shut up, Toby," she smiled, a tiny smile on her face.

"I don't hear a denial," he singsonged.

By now, Sylvester and I had tuned in. "And look at that blush!"

Sylvester scurried over, nervousness taking over his face.

"Really, Paige? Did you and Walter. . .kiss?" he asked nervously. Before she could answer, he added, "Do you have any idea how many relationships end, even per day?"

Paige opened her mouth, but he cut her off. "It's 3,100. Three thousand one hundred relationships end a day. That's a lot of relationships. What if you guys end? Won't it tear apart Scorpion? It'll probably end. The odds are stacked against you! And the emotional unease may prevent you from continuing to be friends, and then it'll affect all of us negatively. What if we decide that it's easiest for all of us to go our separate ways?"

Paige finally cut him off. "Sylvester! Calm down! It's okay, we're just. . .We're just trying to work it out, okay?"

Sylvester looked only the tiniest bit reassured. "That's unsatisfactory. I need a better answer than that."

Paige threw up her hands, laughing, and headed for the door. "Sylvester, this isn't really any of your buisness!" she called over her shoulder, on her way to her car.

"Actually, it kind of i-" Sylvester called back, but the door slammed in the middle of his sentence. Sly turned to Toby and I, his nervousness all over his face.

"Do you guys have any idea how many relationships end each day? It's -"

"Woah, buddy!" Toby interrupted. "What is it about relationships that screws you all up?"

Sylvester turned, sucking in a breath. "Nothing."

"Withholding breath is withholding information,"
Toby informed him. "What's going on, Sly?"

He shrugged, heading back to his desk.

"This isn't over!" Toby called after him. Then he shrugged and turned to me. "What do you think about Waige?"

"'Waige?'" I questioned.

"Don't you ship things?" he asked.

"'Ship?'" I shook my head. "Nevermind. I like it, it's cute. But I don't think it's gonna last."

"How cynical." He frowned, something sad in his eyes.

"Relationships don't last. They always end; breakup, divorce, or death. I don't even know what I would hope for."

He stared into my eyes, pity radiating from him.

"What? Screw off. It's not cynical. It's the truth."
He kept looking at me, and I started blabbing to fill the silence.

"Romance isn't real. Love is even less."

He kept looking at me.

"You're doing this on purpose, aren't you? Making me want to fill the silence?"

The corner of his mouth twitched. "Is it working?"

"Don't answer a question with a question," I snapped, starting to walk back to my station.

"Happy," he said quietly, reaching for my arm. I twisted just in time, and he put his arm back at his side, looking embarassed.

"What?"

He looked at me for a minute, like he was trying to memorize my face, then frowned. "Never mind."

"Don't waste my time," I snapped, to cover up the worry I felt.

As I stomped back to my station, only one thing was on my mind.

What was he going to say?

Okay, guys do you like this one? I know the last one was better (hehe) but I'm rushed here.
Also, if you could check out my friend jakelibby101 that would be super great!

Okay, well I'll try to write soon!
~Amanda