Part 4

I am loving all the discussions. Just loving them. Plz keep them coming 🥺
Here's the next update 🤣

______________________

Shaurya's POV

I released the girl from my embrace and looked at her face. The color had returned, somehow.

"Thik ho tum?" I asked her again.

She nodded, "Aab thik hu. Thank you sir.."

"Tum itni raat ko akele yahan kya kar rahi thi? Should I drop you home? Ghar kahan hai tumhara?"

I tried to be useful.

"Nhi....nhi sir....." She shook her head vigorously.

"Par Miss Bhalla, tumhe iswaqt koi dhang ka lift bhi nhi milega. I promise I will drive carefully. Just tell me where should I drop you?"

She thought for some time and then parted her lips, "Reema....Reema ke ghar...."

"Okay, tum chalo mere saath. Main tumhe Reema ke ghar drop kar dunga."

I supported her as she stood up, still shaken up a bit. Then I picked up her backpack and hung it over my shoulder.

On reaching the car, I opened the door for her and she climbed inside, silently. I examined the car. No, not much damage! Only one of the headlights was broken.

I sighed in relief. It would have been a shame if I couldn't drop this frightened girl wherever she wanted to go, wherever she felt safe. I wondered why she didn't want to go home though. But I was careful not to ask her more questions. Already, she was petrified.

I climbed into the driver's seat and started the engine. It started in one go, thankfully. Rolling the car up on the road, I started driving, the scared girl crouched beside me, clutching her backpack.

"Anokhi, seatbelt pehen lo" I said to her.

She obeyed. And I could see through the corner of my eye that she knew how to put it on daftly.

None of us talked for a while. The empty roads glistened in front of us due to the untimely rain. I had kept the speed low, being more careful than I usually was.

After some time, she spoke,

"I am sorry sir, but aapko is halat mein gari nhi chalani chahiye. Bohot risky hota hai..."

"I know Miss Bhalla. I just know. Pata nhi aaj kya ho gaya mujhe. Generally, I don't drive when I am....you know.....I get a cab or something. But aaj.....I am so stupid..."

I tapped my finger on the wheel impatiently, cursing myself. What if something happened to her? How could I have forgiven myself?

"Its okay Sir. Aapko apni galti ka ehsaas hai. Bas dhyan rakhna ainda aisi halat mein gari mat chalana..."

"Noted" I tried to clear the air with a smile. But she didn't smile back.

"Bas yahan rok dijiye.." she said after a while. I glanced sideways. She pointed to a two-storeyed house at the corner of the street, "That's Reema. I....thank you for the lift Shaurya sir..."

"Arey it's okay.." I replied, as I got out to open the door for her. She climbed outside, carefully, clutching the bag to her chest. I wondered why she did that always. As she walked past me, I called out to her.

"Err..Miss Bhalla?"

She stopped and turned to look at me questioningly.

"Please..is bare mein college mein kisiko.....u know what I mean? Meri naukri ka sawal hai...."