Part 10

Hey readers,
I hope that with this super long update, I might have earned your forgiveness 😘.

Please let the comments coming. You know how much I love them and I missed them so much. All those discussions. 😒

____________________________

Shaurya’s POV

I controlled myself. Hell! She was asleep with no idea of what she was doing! I tried to wake her,

“Anokhi, hey, wake up!” I tapped on her cheeks. She opened her eyes again, quite irritated. It took her some time to realize the situation that we were in and then her eyes grew wide in shock, as expected. She withdrew her hands at once and leaped away from me. 

“I....I’m so sorry, sir....mujhe laga.....I...I” 

She struggled to find the right words but I held up my hand to stop her,

“It’s okay, Anokhi. I know that you were asleep. Or at least, half asleep. Don’t feel embarrassed.”

But she was still flushed as I could make out from her crimson cheeks and the beads of sweat on her forehead. I understood that I had to talk about something else to divert her mind, as well as mine. 

“Sam so gaya kya?”

Anokhi licked her lips that had gone dry, “H..Haan...woh to lunch karke hi so gaya tha. Bohot shant baccha hai...”

My lips curved into a proud smile, “Haan.. woh kisiko zyaada pareshan nahi karta. Bohot disciplined hai woh.”

Anokhi tried to say something but stopped and bit her lips. I knew this gesture of hers. It meant that she was hesitating about something. 

“Baat kya hai Anokhi? Kuch baat hai jo tum kehna chahti ho?”

“Haan, mera matlab,nehi, I mean...”

“Are bolo na. Why are you hesitating so much?” I smiled at her though I was starting to feel anxious inside. 

She closed her eyes for some time and then opened them again. 

“Sir, woh...Sam ke age mein itna disciplined hona, thoda sa ajeeb lagta hai mujhe. Is age mein bacche pareshan kare to hi behtar hai. Sam itna shant hai as if he is concerned about expressing himself properly. Yehi baat mujhe thodi si ajeeb lagi.”

My heart sank. She hit on the right spot. I had talked to my counsellor about this many times before. And she too said the same thing. That it was not normal for a toddler to be this disciplined. It somehow indicated that he was either scared of something or aloof. After he turned 7, I was planning to take him to a child counsellor for the same. 

I sat down beside her on the couch and sighed, “You are right Anokhi. I have also noticed this and I was planning to do something about this for a long time. Just waiting for Sam to turn 7 and then we can proceed. 

“Main bhi bohot shant huya karti thi. Babli di ne batayi hai mujhe. After...after.....that accident, I didn’t speak for months. Uske baad, Babli di ne dheere dheere mujhe us darkness se nikali. Mere saath time spend karke, games khelke, mujhe gaana sunake...sab kuch try ki usne. In the end I started talking normally just to see her happy. But then, there was no looking back. Although I still suffer from the trauma, I do know what my problems are and how to solve them.”

Her words reminded me. I had to talk to her to restart her counselling. But I guessed I would do that after some time. She might not feel comfortable knowing that Reema had told me everything about her. 

To clear the air, I said, “Anokhi, ye sab chodo. Tumne kuch khaya kya?”

She nodded, “Maine Sam ke saath hi lunch kar lit hi. Aab bas ghar jaake hi khaungi kuch.”