Part 11

Anokhi’s POV

My head hurt like hell. As I opened my eyes slowly, I wished that I didn’t have to open them at all. There was this throbbing sensation right from eyes to the middle of my head. I groaned in pain. And then I felt a soft touch on my forehead. 

“Dard ho raha hai?” A gentle voice came afterwards. 

“Hmm…” I could only manage to utter this. I couldn’t remember where I was, let alone whose voice that was. 

“Thoda dard to hoga na. You had been drugged Anokhi,” he said, “Par chinta mat karo. Thodi der baad thik ho jayega.” 

Within a flash, I remembered who that was. Shaurya Sir. And I immediately sat up, ignoring the throbbing pain in my head. There he was, sitting right in front of me, as I probably….no shit…I was sleeping on his lap! 

I quickly glanced around. No! It was not my home. It was Shaurya sir’s living room. What the hell was I doing there? What happened last night? I touched my forehead and another groan escaped my lips. Why did I feel so horrible? Did I have an accident? Did I fall sick? How did I come to his place? 

I did not have answers to any of those questions, as I couldn’t remember anything. So, I just stared at his face, looking for answers. He looked away, to my disappointment. 

“I will make something for you. I will help with the headache.” He got up from the couch and walked towards the dining space before I could say or ask anything more. My mind was racing ahead of me. What happened? How did I end up feeling like a corpse?

Suddenly, a shadow appeared at the door to the room on the farthest right of the living space. 

“Papa?” Sam’s tiny head peeped outside, “I am hungry!”

My lips curved into a smile at the innocent voice, “Hello Sam!” I called out to him. He turned towards me and his face instantly brightened. 

“You are alive!” he ran towards me and before I could do anything, jumped on to my lap, hugging me tightly. 

Alive? What the hell did he mean? 

I hugged him back, almost instinctively. He played with my hair by keeping his head on my shoulder, while I patted him lightly on the back. 

After a few moments, he lifted his head to look at my face, “You look…….” He tried to get the right words, “like a ghost…”

“Sam! Aisa nahi kehte beta…” Shaurya sir’s voice made us both turn. He was standing in front of us, holding a cup, which he stretched out at me. I took it without a word, as Sam jumped down from my lap and hugged his father.  

“Good molning Papa” he exclaimed in his sweet, sing song voice. 

“Good morning dear!” He picked him up and shuffled his hair. 

“Papa ye Anoki ko kya hua hai?” Little Sam pointed at me, while I took a sip from the cup. Eww! Black coffee without sugar! Yuck! 

As if guessing my feelings, Shaurya sir said, “Pura peena padega Abnokhi, warna ye headache nahi jayega.”

I made a face. I hated black coffee. And that too without sugar. But I knew that there was no escape from Shaurya sir. So I closed my eyes and took another sip. 

Satisfied, he turned to answer to his son’s question, “Kuch nahi hua hai Anokhi ko. She will be fine within a few minutes. Tumne brush ki hai?”

Sam shook his head. Obviously, he didn’t brush.