Part 1

Hey dear readers, I am really nervous about this story. Please put in your long comments to keep me motivated. ☹️ Pretty please. Give the same amount of love to this one?

Here's the first chapter for you.

______________________

Babli's POV

My days have gotten so busy these days! Don't even get the time to breathe. Sameer mera dimag kharab karta rehta hai. Itna bara ho gaya hai, lekin bachpana nahi gaya uska. Next April, he would turn 15. But he is still a child! Bas usko wahi kahani baar baar sunni hai. Yes, that mountain river one! The one that he had been listening to since his childhood. But here's the funniest part. I never got bored of telling him the story. It was also my favorite..

"Girlfriend?"

His voice makes me turn around from the dishwasher.

There he was! All dressed up to meet his friends in town. He had come here for one month and every day he was up to something. Teenagers, you know! And at night, he would come to my room with those puppy eyes, pleading with me to tell him the story.

"Aaj kahan plan hai janab?" I asked him. He grinned and came running to him, throwing his arms around me, "Oh girlfriend, are you jealous?"

I tried to make a face. Yes, he loved to call me that since he was 10. Since the first day we met. He told me that I was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. My baccha!

"Haan, bas thodi si. Main roz tere liye dinner ready karti hu lekin tu to bahar khake aata hai.."

I ruffled his hair with my good hand.

He gave me a quick peck on the cheek, "Aaj nahi girlfriend. Aaj main jaldi aunga. Aaj mujhe woh kahani firse sunna hai. Suru se. Okk?"

"Okk" I smiled, "Bas phone uthana jab main phone karungi to. Yaad se. Mujhe tension hoti hai bohot."

"Okay girlfriend! Bbyeee"

He let go of me and ran across the kitchen to pick up an apple. Munching it casually, he skipped towards the main door, waving his hand at me.

"Pagal!" I muttered.

He always spent his holidays with me. He loved being here, in India, at my little haven in Shimla. I bought this little cottage for myself 5 years back. It was the best decision of my life. Yeah, I lived here alone, except this one month that Sameer, or Sam came to live with me during his summer holidays.

I kept myself busy at the factory throughout the day, shuffling through sales receipts and invoices. I have established this shawl export business for 7 years now, and I am doing pretty well, thanks to the Almighty.

In the evening, I was surprised to see the lights on in my cottage. Did Sam return before me? Wow! That was unusual. But I had no idea!

"OMG Sameer? Ye sab kya hai?"

The entire house was decorated beautifully, with lights, balloons and flowers. I was stunned...

"Kya hua girlfriend?" Sam grinned with all his 32 out, "Tum apna hi bday bhul gayi kya?"

"Nahi bhuli pagal! Kal hi to tere mom dad ne cll ki thi raat ke 12 baje. Tu to tab so raha tha."

"Ohh!" The color drained from his face for a second, "So unlogo ne apni responsibility puri kar di? Good!"

"Aisa nhi kehte Sam," I tried to cheer him up, "Woh busy hote hai baba. Par yaad se call to ki?"

Sameer shrugged, "Chodo yeh sab. Aaj maine tumhare liye khana banaya hai. Tumhe pasta pasand hai na?" His eyes shone in excitement.