Part 13

Hey!

I can't tell you enough sorries for making you guys wait this long. But truly speaking, I had lost my motivation to update. Without Shakhi or Devir onscreen content, it's really hard to write ffs on them. I hope you guys understand. Plus, my own work had started after a year long break. It's still on. But you guys are my JAAN. So, I am here again, as promised. 15th April ut was! The update is short but I will try to write something at least every alternate day from now on. I hope you guys will forgive me. 😒😔

Enjoy!! And don't forget to interact through comments. ❤️

_____________________

Shaurya’s POV

I didn’t have any idea what I was doing. She was so young! And look at me! I was not only almost double her age but also a father. What did she have to gain from me? I was such a crushed soul! Yet, there she was! Feeling everything that I didn’t even dare to feel about her. As I sat beside my sleeping son, stroking his head while he slept peacefully, I thought of Anokhi and how she clung to me. She seemed to be immersed in my warmth as I kissed her. The previous time she was not in her senses. But this time, she was completely into it. I shuddered! Not only was this ethically wrong, but also dangerous. But it was too late. Both of us were equally into it. And when we were this deep into the mud, why not just enjoy it, instead of thinking about the consequences? 
I got up, wondering if I should call her. It was 2 AM at night. I doubted if she was awake. I picked up my phone from the table beside the bed. Unplugging it from the charger, I unlocked it and went to my contacts. Her name gleamed in the shiny blue light, just like her presence had lit up my life. I called her without thinking anymore. One ring, two rings, three, four, and…

“Hello?”
Her soft, drowsy voice brought a smile on my lips. 
“Anokhi? Soyi nahi tum?”
“So gayi thi….”
“Oh sorry, did I wake you? I am so sorry..”
“Nhi..I mean…it’s okay. I…I’m happy that you called.”
“You are?” I couldn’t believe it at first. 
“Yes, I wanted….to hear your voice…”
My stomach churned in anticipation. She sounded way more mature than her age. 
“Shaurya sir?”
“Hmm?”
“Aap nahi soye?”
“Nahi…”
“Kyu?”
“Neend nahi aa rahi…”
“Kyu?” There she was, sounding all innocent and naïve, like the little angel that she was…
“Tum…tumhari wajese…”
“Maine kya kiya?”
“Umm….You…nothing. Bas meri neend uda di hai…”
Did I hear a chuckle? 
“Shaurya sir?”
“Bolo?”
“Main….main….”
“Kya baat hai Anokhi? Kya kehna chahti ho?”
“I…can’t wait for tomorrow!”
“Why? Kala isa kya hai?”
“Aap bhul gaye? Kal humare rehearsals ka aakhri din hai…”
“Oh haa…sorry main sachmein bhul gaya tha. I think you should get some rest. Chalo so jao…”
“Nahi…rukiye….Shaurya sir….”
“Kya hua aab?”
“Phone mat rakhiye please…”
“Matlab?”
“Mujhe aise hi sona hai…Isse….aisa lagta hai ki aap mere saath ho…”
“Main to tumhare saath hi hu Anokhi. We will meet tomorrow itself.”
“Nahi…phir bhi….phone mat rakhiye…”
I thought for a while. At least I could do that till she fell asleep. 
“Okay. Chalo tumhare liye ye bhi kar lete hai…”
“Thank you…”

I laid down beside Sam On the bed, plugging my Bluetooth headset into my ears. I could hear her soft breath from the other side. It was peaceful. 
As I closed my eyes, I could still hear her breathing. It felt nice. No matter what the future held for us, this was good. I had no regrets. And after a long time, that night, I slept peacefully. 

Anokhi’s POV

I had heard from people, seen in the movies, and even read in some books that when you are in love, everything feels like a dream. I didn’t know if I was in love or not, But, that morning was different. Everything seemed so beautiful. I didn’t argue with Mama Ji or Mami Ji, and even helped Mami Ji make breakfast. She was stunned, obviously. But I gave a big grin and continued with my work. Even Di was surprised, but I noticed that she didn’t ask me anything. She was probably still reeling from yesterday’s trauma, when I left so suddenly and got a panic attack. When I got ready and was about to leave for college, she came to my room and gave me a tight hug. I hugged her back, smiling. Di pulled my cheeks and kissed me on the forehead.