Part 12

Shaurya’s POV

I felt pissed like hell. How dare did Jannat post pics of my house on her insta profile? I didn’t expect this from her at all. Yes, I did want to go on a date with her but not exhibit it for God’s sake. What the hell did she want to prove by doing that? I needed to talk to her ASAP. 

As I rushed downstairs, several thoughts playing on my mind, one of those popped up quite involuntarily. 

Anokhi was jealous of Jannat! 

Yes, it was jealousy. Nothing else could have explained the way she reacted on hearing the rumor of Jannat and me dating. Does that mean that my feelings are not unrequited? Does she feel the same towards me or is it just a teenage crush, an infatuation that a lot of college students have for their teachers. 

No, I shook my head, Anokhi was not one of those people to have an infatuation on a teacher. She didn’t even understand such things properly, as far as I could guess. If she was feeling bad about Jannat being my girlfriend, it might be possible that she herself wasn’t aware of the reason. And that made another thing possible. Her feelings, whatever they were, for me, were unidentified still. It made my heart skip a beat. If a girl like Anokhi felt something for someone, it had to be deep. She was a rare kind of sensitive human. Her feelings, be it for anyone or anything, for example, that bag she clutches onto like a precious object, always seemed to be pretty strong. I had to be careful with her from now on. I had committed my first major mistake (though I didn’t regret it even a bit) but that couldn’t continue. There would be severe consequences, entangling her into a bigger mess, which I didn’t want at all. This thing between us was getting more complicated by the day. A simple movement can cause major turbulence and overturn her entire life and my career. 

I stopped in front of the staff room and peeped inside. Yes, she was there alright, but so were other professors and lecturers. Taking a deep breath, I entered the room. 

“Hello!” Prof Shaan greeted me first, “Mr. Saberwal, what’s up? Rehearsals kaisi chal rahi hai?”

“Really good, sir, rehearsals are going great! The students are so talented and energetic. Unke saath milke kuch karne ka ek alag hi maaza hota hai.”

“True that, sir, true that.” He grinned, “This young generation is extremely talented with all their digital expertise and a zeal to show off their talent. Ours were the shier generation it seems.”

I smiled in response. Not in a mood to chit chat. Jannat was looking at me, smiling, so I wasted no more time and walked towards her. 

“Hi!” I kept it short and formal. 

“Oh hello, Mr. Saberwal, bohot jaldi yaad aa gayi aapko humari?”

She was cocky, as usual. I smiled again, “Aisa nahi, bas kuch baat karni thi, urgent. Annual Day ke bare mein…” I glanced at others. They were all looking at us, a little intrigued. They must have seen the social media pictures too. Damn!

“Haan bataiye na,” Jannat leaned back in her seat, teasing me, or trying to tease me. But I had no time for nonsense.

“Aap..thoda bahar aa sakti hai?” I lowered my voice. 

She suppressed a smile as she crossed her arms across her chest, “Kyun? Urgent baat hai ya, private?”

I smiled back, but my ears were already turning red, “Dono hi. Bas aap thoda bahar aa sakti hai? Please?”

Jannat sighed, “Okay okay, I am coming. Excuse me haan?” She winked at Mrs. Khanna, the hindi literature professor and one of her closest friends.