Here I Come!

"Zola!" Meredith cried in anguish.

"Shhh!" Derek said, putting a finger to his lips.

"Wh-what?" Meredith looked around in confusion. She was in the living room of the dreamhouse. "Derek?" She asked.

"You're dreaming again Mer." Derek whispered.

"Oh. Oh!" She looked around again, it was as she remembered. Large and spacious with warm sunlight filtering in from the skylight. And the toys. Toys of all shapes and sizes scattered the floor. Meredith turned to her husband, her bemused smile growing larger when she saw the tiara crowning his head. "Der, why are you whispering?"

"Shhh, we're playing hide and seek. Help me find the kids." He waved for her to follow him and they tiptoed down the hall. "Ready or not, here we come!"

Derek opened the hallway closet. No kid in there. Meredith slowly cracked open the door to Bailey's room. She peered into it. His racecar bed was empty and too low for anyone to crawl under. She checked behind his dresser, nope. She took a few steps in and headed for the closet. She pressed down on a laundry basket. No kid here. She heard something. A rattle. The toybox. "Ready or not..." Meredith said.

A muffled giggle replied.

Meredith lifted the lid to see her smiling boy crouched among his toys, grinning wildly. She matched his smile with her own. "Found you!" She picked him and lifted him high in the air. He laughed loudly. Meredith carried him into the hallway and was met by Derek who carried a giggling Zola over his shoulder.

"Found her in the bathtub," he said.

"Zola!" Meredith greeted.

"Hi mommy," Zola said her voice slightly distorted as Derek bumped her up and down on his shoulder.

"She won't tell me where Ellis is." Derek said.

"Zola, you know what that means..." Meredith teased

Zola shook her head wildly. Bailey laughed and squirmed in Meredith's arms.

"No, mommy!" she shrieked

"Tickle torture!" Derek said, carrying Zola to the couch, where he began to run his fingers in all her ticklish places. "Where's Ellis?"

Zola writhed and laughed. she pushed against her father, trying to fight againt him. Meredith plopped Bailey down beside her and the two of them swarmed Zola too. "No! ah! heehee... ah! Stop it! Hahaha!"

"Where's Ellis?" asked Meredith again.

"Ellis!" Bailey shouted.

"Okay I give up! I give up!" said Zola breathlessly.

When they relented, Zola caught her breath and grabbed Meredith's hand. "Over here Mommy.," She led her to the master bedroom. In the middle of the bed was a small lump covered with a blanket.

"Ohh," Derek said coming up behind them. He put his hand on Meredith's shoulder as they walked quietly into the room. The lump moved up and down rhythmically.

"Shhh, she's sleeping," Meredith said. All of them approached the bed quietly. Zola climbed up and gently lifted the blanket off. Ellis lay on her back peacefully sucking her thumb. Derek picked up Bailey and the two of them sat on the bed. Meredith crawled beside Zola and Zola leaned into her mom while Bailey clambered on the other side of Meredith and rested his head on her knee. Derek scooted closer to him and stroked Ellis' wispy hair.

Covered in her children, Meredith started to cry.

"Meredith?" Derek asked.

"Oh, I just miss them so much."

"I know," Derek said. "Me too." He held her hand and rubbed it softly.

She swallowed, "You know, they're what get me through. I don't know what I'd do without them."

"They will always love you, Mer."

"I love ya Mommy," Zola said.

"Lub ya," said Bailey.

Ellis softly murmured.

Meredith's eyes shone with unshed tears. "Mommy loves you too."

A/N: Thanks for reading guys! And thanks for all your comments and votes! Love you all!