2.17 tia rose

Remember this set a few years ago, 2009/10 ish - even if I mix it up with them having technology, I'm going with the rules and laws at the time, etc.

-

Rosalie smiles sweetly at Chevy. "Hi sweetie... mind giving me and my nephew some alone time? Take pretty boy with you." She nods at Seth.

Seth snarls, clenching and unclenching his shaking hands. "Not a chance in hell." He scoffs humourlessly.

Rosalie glances at him. "Don't get involved in family business, mut."

Arthur snaps. "He is family!" He throws his hands up. "IM FUCKING HIM."

"Until you're married, he isn't family." Rosalie snaps. "It's you I hurt so it's you I'd like to make up with."

"Oh you think Seth is immune to your comments?" Arthur laughs. "Seth, babe, why didn't you tell me!"

Rosalie crosses her arms, her face stern. "Arthur Masen, I'm trying to right my wrongs here and you're making it very hard to do that."

Arthur pushes around Seth to stare coldly at his aunt. "You think you can take back what you said and all will be okay?" He says in a monotonous voice, his eyes cold and his jaw clenched. "You think I'll roll over and open my arms for you?"

Rose looks hurt. "Arthur... I wronged you. I hurt you bad and I know that. Please let me explain-"

"No!" Arthur bursts. "Because I'm not going to let you rationalise this to yourself! That's all this is - you trying to make yourself feel okay by letting yourself think I feel okay. Nothing is going to change how I feel."

"If you'd let me expla-"

"I think he made it clear." Chevy pipes in, moving beside Seth as both of them cross their arms.

Rosalies jaw twitches. "Let the grown ups talk, sweetie."

"Don't patronise my guest." Arthur glares. "He had the decency to ask questions to understand what's going on, I like him more than I like you."

Rosalie laughs coldly. "Arthur... you can't betray your family like this."

His eyebrows shoot up. "Betray you?" He whispers. "What about how you betrayed me?"

"I didn't betray you-" Rosalie frowns.

"You did!" Arthur snaps, shocked she can say that. "You have always been my mom in my eyes. You have always stepped up when I needed. If I ever had friends in any of the places we moved, they'd all gush about how cool my Tia Rosè was. How lucky I was to have you. And I'd always agree. I was never ashamed to admit it. I looked past how overbearing you were - you always gave 110 percent, I could handle it. But this? You hate who I am. Who I love. You believe I chose this, I chose to feel segregated and humiliated society for loving who I love. I chose a life full of challenges because of people like you believing being gay is a choice." His voice loses 'umph', trailing to a whisper. "You were my mom. And you let me down in every way a mom ever could."

Rosalie looks at Arthur with a face like she's crying, but since it's impossible it resembles a grimace. She slowly shakes her head. "I never meant... to make you feel that way." She whispers, stepping closer.

Arthur steps back and holds his hands up. "I ask that you leave. And you don't come to my house again. I have a dad. An incredible boyfriend. A rad sister and step mom. I don't need anyone else. Go."

Rosalie stares at him silently for a while before she slowly turns, disappearing after taking a few slow steps. Arthur stares at the spot she was, tears spilling; he feels Seth's arms wrap around him but he quickly shrugs them off, pulling away. "No... I need a moment." He whispers, rushing to their bedroom and closing the door.