2.20 the end

Arthur's body is cold as he stands on the cliffs edge, the tears dried to his cheeks with no more able to be shed

Arthur's body is cold as he stands on the cliffs edge, the tears dried to his cheeks with no more able to be shed. By now it's almost comical what he's gone through. It's dark and twisted and it couldn't be written because it's so complicated. He can't find the strength to go on anymore. Not without him...

Not without his Seth.

He knows when someone walks up behind him. "You jump and I catch you." Edward warns in a sombre voice.

"Then I'll just jump again." Arthur says emotionless as he looks at the choppy water below. "I'm not doing this anymore, dad. Just let me die."

Edward walks closer, wrapping his arms around his son from behind to hold him in a gentle embrace, half for comfort and half for security. "Then I'd be breaking my promise to him. Seth made me swear you'd live a full-"

Arthur grows mad. "How can I be happy when he's dead!" He yells,his knees giving out as he bursts into tears. "Why are you like this! If it were Bella, you'd do this so let me! Please." He cries.

Edward holds him up, holds him close, unable to find the words; after all, he did try to end it when he thought Bella was dead. It's killing him to watch, hear, his son go through this and not be able to do anything. "The pain will get better. It will." He says gently.

Arthur hangs his head in defeat as he sobs. "No. It'll never get better." He cries. Never. How can it? He finally found peace with who he was and found the person who made him want to wake up everyday and have a family and be normal. Only for all of his love to be torn away from him, the will to live with it.

Edward swallows hard. "Arthur... come on." He pleads in a whisper. "Seth wouldn't want this."

"Seth is dead! Because of you!" He yells.

And that makes Edward drop his grip on his son. Arthur falls down and scrambles to stand, turning to glare at his father. "It was you who killed him." He snaps, glaring at his father with eyes so full of hatred.

"It was Josie..." Edward shakes his head.

Arthur squares up to his father. "You sent him on that death mission. You signed his death certificate the moment you conceived that idea. You. Did. It." He snaps, storming away. He'll find another way to end it.