Chapter 3

One Month Later

"Mamma, I have to go or I'll miss my flight" Stefania said trying to let go of her mom. "I promise I'll call and keep you updated"... "Although, I think it will be hard with the different time zones"

"Just promise you won't forget about me" Lucia mumbled "How could I ever forget about, mamma?" 

"Okay, one last hug. I promise" Lucia commented. Stefania leaned in to give her mom one last hug. A single tear escaped her eye as she tried to hold back the flood of emotions, trying to stay strong for both of them.  

Half an hour later and Stefania had finally made it to the airport and was waiting for her flight to board. "Here goes nothing" she said as her flight group got called and she began to walk towards the plane. Stefania chose a window seat for the long flight since she intended to try to get some sleep. However, that soon proved to be an impossible task...

Sitting by the window, Stefania couldn't help but let the tears fall as she said goodbye to 21 years of her life and left the most important person in her life behind. "I'm going to miss you, mom" she whispered. 

After her dad left them when she was barely one year old, the mom and daughter duo always relied on one another. Stefania hadn't heard from her dad in over 6 years after his last poor attempt to win her back with all his lies and manipulation. 

Lucia was the one person who understood Stefania's temper. Supported all her crazy decisions and stood by her side through the good and the bad... or so she thought, Stefania's world will soon turn upside down and take her for a long and wild ride. 

As she reminisced about the old days, Stefania quickly pulled herself together and started to plan out the days ahead. "okay Stefania, snap out of it" she said to herself. She didn't have it all figured out yet, but one thing she knew is she would be staying with her long lost friend, Giacommo, while she gets her life together. They had been friends for year while in school in Italy, but Giacommo's family had moved to the states for a job opportunity. However, they had managed to stay in contact and follow each other's life. 

After the long and turbulent flight, Stefania finally made it to her destination. Giacommo was waiting for his best friend to arrive and take her to her new home. 

"GIACOMMO!" The Italian exclaimed as she saw her friend standing outside the airport doors. 

"Oh my God, Stefania!" he exclaimed "Look at you! Long time no see.. I've missed you" the boy said as he approached the italian woman and went in for a tight hug. "How are you?"

"Oh, it's so good to see you. I am doing well, I am doing well" the Italian reiterated "I'm nervous and excited for what's to come"

"I'm happy for you too" he said "Allright, let's get you to your new home" the man said helping the brunette with her bags

"Oh, I am so sorry!! I am running late! The shuttle is about to leave me!" a young blonde girl said as she stumbled over Stefania, pushing her to the ground. The blonde offered her a helping hand...

"It's okay, it's okay. I know how hectic travelling can be. Just be careful next time" the tall brunette said as she tried to pull herself up with the blonde's help

Looking up to grab her hand, the Italian's big brown eyes met the blonde's ocean blue eyes and time seemed to stand still. Stefania couldn't believe her eyes... for a moment, her world became a little brighter as if the sun was shinning a spot light on the two of them. 

As soon as the Italian lifted her head, the blonde almost gasped in shock...

"Danielle" the blonde said as the Italian rose from the floor and now stood in front of her

"Stefania" she responded still holding on to the blonde's hand

A/N Two updates in one day? I guess you can say I was inspired. Also, i didn't know where this chapter was going. I know it's a little bit of a longer chapter, but as I kept writing, I realized I wanted them to 'sort of' meet already. 

we'll see where this story takes us. Suggestions?