CHORUS 2

A/N: it is uNrEaL how excited i am about this chapter. while writing it, i felt like i am a freaking poet. if you like metaphors - hold on tight! i might have overdone it a bit... sorry not sorry xD
if you truly wanna savour this chapter, i recommend reading it slowly and without rush.

i reeeally hope i am not the only one loving this chapter (and the writing style) *laughs nervously*

BTW!!! there's a tiny bit of SMUT *covers mouth in played shock*. obviously it's nothing graphical at all, but I felt like i should warn my lovely ace (and very young) readers (though it's really not much and pretty harmless).

🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬

Long nights,

-restless nights followed your games. In which I felt like I was just your marionette – taken from your toy box to play with, then thrown back, leaving me there to gather dust.

Long nights in which I was just thinking about how happy you made me; about how completed I felt with you. It hurt to think you didn't feel the same way.

Daydreams,

-were on the program after the long nights.

Daydreams of your smile – the sunshine in my life. Daydreams of your laughter – the melody in my life. Daydreams of your touch – the plot twist in my life.

Daydreams, where I still could feel your fingers leaving an invisible track on my hand. Invisible but palpable.

Your whispers still echoed through my whole being. Your voice crept from my ear inside my body, spreading goosebumps all over. Beautiful lies those whispers told me; but beautiful lies are still lies.

Sugar and smoke rings,

-reminded me of you. Eating strawberries was sweet torture: reminding me of your perfect kisses. It was a sweet memory until my brain asked me, Will you ever taste those kisses again?'. This and many more questions made my body ache for and because of you.

When I saw some random person at the bus stop making smoke rings, I got flashbacks of you showing me how to make them. I remembered how everything but your lips were a blur. How those lips felt like they had a magnetic force, pulling my mouth onto yours. And I always felt like I was unable to back up, until you did it for the both of us.

I've been a fool

-to let you in, when you suddenly stood outside my house. Nonchalantly leaning against the doorframe; in your black leather jacket, looking at me through those thick eyelashes with your blue eyes, a smirk on your lips. I was weak and let you in.

You didn't apologize for leaving me hanging like that. You just smiled at me and I forgave you, before I could even tell you how much you've hurt me. I knew I shouldn't let anyone treat me like this, -

But strawberries and cigarettes always taste like you

And this taste, turned out, was one that I was addicted to. Hungrily I ate up your kisses, though in the end I still felt like starving.

Headlights, on me

-when you convinced me to run away for the night. Taking your brother's car we left my parents house behind. Just the two of us. You took me to an Open Air Cinema. I had no idea that, this night, I would leave my innocence behind too.

Racing to 60, I've been a fool

-to let you slide onto my lap, when you got bored of the plain rom-com movie playing on the screen a few cars in front of us. I've been a fool letting you place kisses on my neck, that left me breathless and desperate. I've been a fool to let you take my lips between your teeth, leaving my skin tingling and burning in anticipation. I've been a fool to let you whisper things in my ear, that made me grab the back of your neck pulling you closer to me, my hips grinding up against you. I've been a fool to let you slide down in front of me.

But strawberries and cigarettes always taste like

-you. And you taste like love, like danger, like home, like a fantasy. And I was so hungry for more.

My blood flow was thickened with your sweetness. My lungs intoxicated with the air you gave me to breathe; air impregnated with nicotine.

But when you sat there in front of me, in front of my spread legs, your hands on my knees and you looked up at me with your-

Blue eyes,

-I was all yours. Slowly, with an unreal gorgeous smirk you unzipped my-

black jeans

-and I got lost in your forbidden perfection.

Lighters and candy, I've been a fool

-to have let you take me apart like this. I guess Love is a fool.

When you were done you grinned at me. You got up opened the door, leaned against the car and pulled out your lighter. Lighting your cigarette with an innocent smile on those sinful lips.

After I have recovered from the rollercoaster you have put me on, I joined you. You offered me some of your candy – strawberry-flavored, of course. I took it and when we finished our treats, we mixed those flavors up in our mouths. We kissed, we shared ourselves with each other. You shared your bad-boy nicotine flavor with me and I gave you my candy-flavored innocence. It was a recipe for beautiful disaster, -

But strawberries and cigarettes always taste like you

And by now, like me too.

🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬

A/N: hope this was worth the wait!
it would mean so much to me if you could leave a VOTE , in case you liked it! (also... follow me - i have a one shot book going on and there will likely be more johnlock content (; )
PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK! ☞☞☞

about the lyric "racing to 60":
honestly i'm still not sure what that's supposed to mean, but if you look it up in urban dictionary, it says it refers (amongst other explanations) to oral sex in a car lmao... so yeah. i did that xD
(in the other chorus-chapter john was walking home - which was also a definition to "60" in urban dictionary.)

funfact: i had a major writing block for this chapter... i knew what i wanted to happen in it, but i simply had no motivation whatsoever (well i was also busy bcs of uni but yk...). when i finally could convince my lazy ass to continue writing this story, i was actually suuuper hyped. but when i reread what i have written i was really disappointed... i felt like i went from being an amazing poet to a .... i have no idea *insert sth that's really bad at writing here*
After rereading it a few times and fixing some things, i liked it again.
so if you ever feel like you cannot continue writing: sit down, put on great music, take a deep breath and just... let it flow onto the keyboard/paper! even if it is bad - it's better than nothing and you can always change it for the better later ☻︎

with love,
turtely 🐢

PS: sorry for the long author notes, but i wanna communicate with my readers ☺︎