IV.

~mood for the chapter? 

"You fucking idiot!" Lili shrieked as she drove wildly down the dirt path, putting as much distance as possible between herself and Hole 11.

Her exclamations echoed across the wind before dying away. 

Her dark ponytail whipped mercilessly behind her in the wind caused by her frantic speed, smacking her in the face and getting in her eyes.

The speedometer rose higher and higher - 10mph, 15mph, 20mph - she was pushing the cart to its absolute limit, but she didn't really have the mental capacity to care.

She was beyond desperate to get away, and hoped she would never end up in the same vicinity as Niall Horan ever again after what had just happened.

The only option now was to quit her job and start a new life on the east coast. New York was expensive, but it could be nice.

She smacked her hand hard against the tough leather steering wheel in frustration, and her palm instantly turned numb. The skin prickled slowly back to life as the feeling returned.

Honestly, she didn't know whether to laugh, scream, cry, or just jump out of the moving cart. She only knew that this was potentially the most embarrassing moment of her entire life.

And she'd done many stupid things in public before.

She sighed angrily as she tried to focus on finishing her drive without hitting anything or anyone on her way.

Maybe she was just in shock, but Lili could not believe what had just happened.

Perhaps seeing him had sent her into such a frenzy that everything that occurred in the last 5 minutes was really a figment of her imagination.

The memory of Niall's face as he caught her very clearly watching him burned in her mind; she couldn't get the picture of his eyes out of her head.

The only thing she couldn't place was the aftermath - was he upset? 

Angry? 

Scared??

What if he was so bothered by it that he went to the front desk and asked to file a complaint with HR?

What if he QUIT?

She hadn't been actively trying to stare at him or purposely make him uncomfortable. That would never happen.

She was just genuinely mesmerized by him and his beauty – she hadn't even been aware of what she was doing until it was clearly too late.

Lili was never one to stare or purposely put herself in awkward situations. Her mother had always taught her that it was rude.

This was new territory for her, and the embarrassment was real. Shame rolled off her in large, tangible waves.

Had he been completely horrified by her? 

Was he standing in that same spot next to his clubs, laughing hysterically at the situation?

She couldn't possibly gage his reaction because of how quickly she had turned away, but could only assume it wasn't good.

He was definitely going to be upset in some way, shape, or form.

For one thing, who would be happy having someone gawk at them like that like a feral animal?