XVII.

~vibes for this chapter ;)

One Week Later

The talk with Jordyn felt really, really good. When they left the restaurant, about a thousand pounds had been taken off of Lili's chest. 

She was able to both share her feelings and listen to Jordyn share her own. They had an open, honest conversation about a pretty significant matter in Lili's life.

It was a catharsis of sorts for the both of them. There were things that they both had been keeping to themselves for who knows how long; it was nice to finally come clean.

Lili couldn't hold onto her news any longer - keeping everything from Jordyn had been eating away at her for days.

She wanted to explode with her good news the very moment it happened, so not saying anything for seven whole days was torture.

The best part of their friendship, in her opinion, was the fact that they had the ability to share everything they were thinking or feeling with ease. There was never any judgement between the two of them.

There had never been a single instance over the course of their friendship where Lili didn't feel safe when it came to expressing her feelings.

Even when they'd first met, Jordyn somehow created an amazingly safe space for the two of them, and they kept that space wide open as the years went on.

When Jordyn would talk about things that weren't exactly music to Lili's ears, she still listened actively and gave the best possible advice, regardless of the situation.

And whenever Lili rambled on about stupid problems that made her feel insecure, Jordyn always gave her undivided attention, doing absolutely everything she could to support Lili and help her through the rough patches.

Their relationship was the perfect mixture of give and take. They each gave as much advice as they took, which made for a beautiful balance.

Getting to finally share all the happiness in her life with her best friend in the whole world put Lili right back on cloud nine once again. The weight on her shoulders had finally been lifted.

It felt so great knowing that, regardless of what she had been feeling in the past, Jordyn really did want her to be happy, and was hoping the relationship was successful. Her support was most important. 

Clearly, it would take some time for Jordyn to completely let go of the reservations she had about Niall - he had to do everything he possibly could to win her trust and prove how pure his intentions really were.

And Lili was certain they would get there, no matter how much time it might take.

When you watch your best friend go through something traumatic, you'll do absolutely everything you can to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again. 

Your main priority becomes her happiness and well-being.

Every decision, every little action becomes about protecting that person because you love them. 

And as much as Jordyn wanted to keep Lili sheltered in a box away from all harm, it was completely unrealistic. She had to let her fly and be her own person again.

However, in the past week, Jordyn asked more questions about Lili and Niall's relationship – their dynamic, their chemistry, the things they talked about – than she ever had.