XXXV.

~vibe of the chapter!!

PGA, day two of three. 'Just another chance to prove yourself'. That was the first thing Niall said when he woke up.

Clearly the bath they'd taken at the end of the night did wonders for him mentally and physically because he fell asleep almost instantly.

Before Lili even had a chance to shut off the tv and cuddle into the warmth of his chest, he was snoring away. And he only woke up once to use the washroom before coming back and immediately passing out again.

In the morning, he looked well rested. The circles under his eyes had almost completely disappeared, leaving his once unmarked skin looking perfect again.

They were lying face to face in the middle of the mattress, giggling to each other like school kids as they woke up slowly.

Niall had purposely set his alarm a half hour earlier than necessary just so they could have some time to relax in bed together before the hustle and bustle of the day began.

Lili kept trying to remind him that they had all the time in the world for this kind of thing once the tournament was over, but again, he refused to put her second.

He still somehow made everything about her, and though it was really hard to accept when she knew how important his job was, it made Lili feel like the most loved, most appreciated girl in the world. She was eternally grateful.

"I feel so much better than I did yesterday," Niall murmured, fingers grazing across Lili's cheek gently.

Sleep was threatening to pull them under once again. It was almost time to get up, but neither of them wanted to be the first one out of the warm bed. It was the perfect cocoon of comfort.

"If I can pull myself into the top three by the end of the day, I might have a really good chance at winning."

Lili smiled and scooted closer to him on the mattress, tangling their legs together. "I think you have a really good shot, too. But I have to say, I'm a little shocked."

"Why's that, love?" he asked, lifting his other arm to drape across her abdomen. She shrugged.

"Your attitude has really changed since yesterday. You've made a complete 180 since we got here. It's nice."

It was more than nice to see him in this good of a mood. Her heart fluttered dramatically as his eyes trailed along her face. He nodded.

"I'm nowhere near as nervous as I was yesterday morning, I think. I've still got those butterflies, don't get me wrong, but that can be controlled."

He looked so adorable lying on the pillow like that, unstyled hair lying flat against his face. His eyes were so blue and still a bit tired, though they had been practically sparkling since he'd first opened them.

It was hard not to study his face when he looked that good. Lili wanted to kiss every inch of it.

Niall was stroking her skin gently, letting his fingers wander around her cheek, over her nose, and across her forehead. The callouses on his fingertips gave her goosebumps each time they came in contact with a part of her skin.

The touches were so intimate. It made Lili want to scream.

He brought his fingers back down and then paused his movements, keeping his warm hand resting perfectly on the apple of her cheek.