Chapter 3

*Harry’s POV*

“Styles! Will you calm the fuck down!” Louis yelled at me. “She probably doesn’t even remember you anymore. We where in the lift of the Eiffel Tower and I was about to see the girl I messed up with again after almost two years. She will remember me right? Its not like I totally disappeared from the earth or something. What if she starts yelling at me. What if she runs away. I don’t want her to give up her dreams for me again. Why do I always fuck everything up. Why did we even say yes to being x Factor mentors. I am going to kill Liam for this.

At first I was fine with it, it could be fun. The list with candidates arrived along with their auditions. We got the girls. How surprising. When we saw her audition I was a complete mess. How could I be mentoring someone who probably hates me. No not probably. Most definitely. I couldn’t face her. Not after I left her. Of course Louis had noticed my change and he didn’t rest till I had spilled my story.

Darcy and I had been together for almost a year. We grew up in the same town, went to the same school and we started dating two months before I auditioned for the x Factor. She was always there for me and supported me through everything. After the x Factor I was told to keep our relationship a secret. We had to lie to everyone around us. I never told her, but I just couldn’t do it. I got really busy and we never saw each other. So I made up some lame ass excuse and dumped her. She wasn’t suppose to forgive me, cause if she came after me, I knew I couldn’t resist. So I was a total dick to her and I made sure she would never forgive me. It seemed the best option back then, but now the guilt was haunting me. When I saw her audition something in me just snapped. Her voice was beautiful, just like I remembered it. Her appearance had changed a bit though. She was even more beautiful than the last time I saw her.

Now I was about to face her again and I wasn’t handling it well. I had literally made the boys crazy the last few days and I wasn’t even mad at Lou for snapping at me.

The lift doors opened and we walked out. Even though it was only September, it was freezing outside. We where incredibly high and I saw Louis taking a deep breath. He hated heights. Then my heart basically stopped. There she was. Staring at me like she had just seen something horrible. Her face paled and she looked a bit shocked. She had her hair up in a messy bun and even though she looked shocked she was still beautiful. I tried to smile a bit, but she didn’t return it. I felt Louis grab my arm and he dragged me forward. As we came closer I saw faking a smile and she started talking to the girl next to her, who had gone completely mad.

“It’s just One Direction.” She mumbled. Ouch. Apparently she was not a fan.

“You don’t understand!” The other girl squealed as she made her way to Niall and gave him a hug. He looked a bit surprised but then he returned it with one of his famous hugs. Oh great we are mentoring a bunch of fan girls. I thought. I hope we won’t distract them too much.

Then we all started to introduce ourselves. Would she act like she didn’t know me?

“Hi, I’m Darcy. Nice to meet you.” There was my answer. We where going to act like we didn’t know each other. I could do that. Hopefully.

“Harry.” I said. “Pleasure to meet you.”

She avoided my gaze and quickly moved on to Zayn. She gave him a hug and I felt a wave of jealousy go through my body. This was going to be so much harder then I thought.

“Girls, I think you all want to know the reason that you are meeting One Direction?” Kelly asked. They all nodded and a concerned look appeared on Darcy’s face. She had no idea what was going on and I felt a bit sorry for her.

“Tulisa couldn’t do this years season, so these five boys agreed to replace her this year. They are going to be your mentors!

*Darcy’s POV*