Chapter 8

The nextday I woke up way too early for my liking. 6 am. The sun was already shining through my window and I decided to get up, as I was wide awake.

I went downstairs to get myself some food, a delicious smell coming from the kitchen. Harry was already sitting on the kitchen table. He was typing away on his phone, probably on twitter or something.

“Hi.” I said quietly.

He looked up and smiled. “Couldn’t sleep?”

“Hmm not really.” I mumbled.

“Know the feeling.” He replied. “Do you want a muffin? They are fresh.” I nodded and he grabbed two muffins.

“Lets go outside, it’s still pretty warm for the start of October. He said, grabbing my arm and dragging me along with him.

He handed me my muffin and we sat down in the grass together. We sat in a comfortable silence for a while, eating our muffins.

“Why did you kiss me.” I asked. The second it slipped my mouth, I knew that it was a stupid question. Way to make things awkward. I didn’t even know why I asked it, Still I was curious for an answer.

“Honestly, I have no idea.” He said, glaring at me. “I might have missed you.”

Missed me? After almost two years, you would expect someone who broke it off to be over it, right? Did I miss him as well? Maybe a little bit. But I didn’t really feel the need to kiss him or whatsoever. He’d only end up hurting me all over again.

“Look, I am really sorry about what I did back then.” He started off.

“Harry, it’s fine, don’t worry about it ok?” I didn’t need his apologize. People break up everyday, and he must have had a good reason for it. I just didn’t feel like knowing his reasons.

“But I treated you like shit.”

“Nothing I can’t handle.” I replied, forcing a smile on my face. “Lets just forget about it, and be friends again or something. Would make things less awkward.”

*Harry’s POV*

Friends. Right. I forced a smile and agreed with her. She sighed in relieve. I hoped I could be just friends with her. Even though it stung a little, it was better than not having her in my life at all. I wasn’t expecting her to miss me as well, but I had hoped for it a little. It was my fault after all, I knew I hurt her, obviously I had hurt her. She just didn’t want to admit it. Why where my thought such a mess, every time she was around. Was I falling for her again?

The answer was probably yes. But I had screwed things up, and ruined my chances. But I wasn’t going to give up hope, we went from pretending to be strangers to friends in less than a month and we hopefully had about ten more weeks to go. Anything could happen.

We went back inside, to change and get ready for the day ahead of us. I walked to my room, passing Kelsey. She looked horrible. Huge bags under her teary eyes, pale face, her blond curls in a messy bun. I asked her if she was okay, but she ignored me and quickly ran past me. I was really worried about her, I didn’t know what was wrong with her, but she had changed the past few days. She used to have an opinion about everything, till the point where it was getting annoying, but in the last few days, she’d barely spoken. Maybe the nerves where taking over her, but if she didn’t want to talk to us, we couldn’t help her.

Our van arrived around 9:30 and we luckily all managed to be ready to go.

When we got at the studio we were separated from the girls. They were having a meeting with their fellow contestants and we were meeting a few people from x Factor to tell us all the ins and outs of tonight.