Chapter 16

The next morning I woke up around 5 am, still wrapped in Harry’s arms, sweating like crazy. My throat hurt even more than yesterday and the room was spinning around my head.  I was probably having a flu or something. I couldn’t get up because Harry’s grip was tight, covering me in with arms like a blanket. I shifted around a bit, trying to comfortable again and go back to sleep. But that didn’t really work out as planned. I couldn’t go back to sleep again, and I started coughing, almost choking on my own spit.

“Harry.” I whispered, shaking him lightly. Feeling extremely guilty I had to wake him up this early. He looked so peaceful when he slept, almost like a small child. Years younger, how I used to know him when we both lived in our home town Holmes Chapel.

His eyelashes fluttered and he opened his eyes. Smiling a little when he saw me.

“Is it time to wake up?” he asked, rubbing his eyes, looking incredibly tired.

I tried to speak but my entire voice was gone and I started coughing again.

“Hey, are you okay?” he asked worried. Placing his hands on my burning cheeks.

“You are sick Darcy, come on I’m taking you to bed.” He said, picking me up. I started to giggle as he took me to my room in bridal style. He put me in bed, wrapping me in about 4 blankets because I was freezing.

“I’m calling a doctor in the morning.” He said, pecking my lips. “You should go back to sleep now, cause after all sleep is the best medicine for everything.”

I was still shaking and shivering like crazy, unable to keep myself warm. I never had flu why did this have to happen now. What if I couldn’t perform on Saturday? Would they kick me out of the show?

“Harry, please stay? I’m cold and you are a great blanket.” I whispered with a small smile. He nodded, slipping in the bed wrapping his arms around me trying to keep me warm, turning out the lights. I had missed him so much  the past few years and I only realized that now. How he was able to bright my day with just that cheeky smile, how he cared about people, not just me but everyone around him, his arms around me when I couldn’t sleep, when he said my name or just his familiar scent. A few tears ran down my cheeks, on Harry’s arm. I was such an emotional wreck when I was sick, I hated that part about myself, but I couldn’t really do much about it.

“Darcy, are you crying?” he whispered, not quite sure if I was asleep as he couldn’t see me. I shrugged, wiping away the few tears.

“Don’t- Don’t leave me again Harry.” I choked out.

I felt his body tense. “I won’t.” he simply replied, pressing his lips against my temple.

I started to doze off the minute the words left his mouth, a strange fear of losing him again leaving my body. He wouldn’t leave me again. I wanted to live in this moment forever, fighting the sleep, trying hard to keep my eyes open. But I just couldn’t stay awake anymore, and I soon fell into a calm sleep, wrapped in Harry’s arms.

*****

I woke up by the sound of someone saying my name. It took me a while to realize what was going on. Harry was standing next to my bed, with an old man standing behind him. I didn’t feel any better than when I woke up earlier this morning.

“This is doctor Johnson. He’s the best doctor in the country and he’ll bring you voice back.” Harry said.

“Hopefully in time.” He said, shaking me hand. “Nice to meet you Darcy.”

I smiled at him. He was my hope to be able to perform Saturday.

Doctor Johnson told me I was indeed having a flu, and that I should sleep a lot, drink even more and shut my mouth as much as possible. He gave my medicine to Harry and told him to make sure that I would take it two times a day.